Arcadia PVP | Page 3 | The Legend of Mir

Arcadia PVP

I had a whole rant written out here and just decided to delete it because it's like a broken record.

Bottom line is this - most people seem think their own class is under powered and other classes are over powered, the fact is none of them are perfect, they all have strengths and weaknesses and it's our job as players to find those strengths and weaknesses and figure out ways to use them to our advantage

At the end of the day ppl have spent a lot of time and hard work building these kit types and gm not going to take them away overnight!

The only 2 things I’d change is to fix BC (as it’s bugged to hell) and take away bs ability to work on pets, job done

Translo should also be banned from being used in castles, just like rt were stopped many years back.
BloodStorm cooldown increased to between 10-20 sec, and those 2 changes would even out things massively at castle wars.

Also the war extended absolutely does my tree in, surely that could be scrapped or give each castle its own day per week to be contested like SabukWall is, having lots of castles on, in a single day keeps it going to 21:40 that can be extremely exhausting.

Last edited:
Should just remove wiz and tao make a warrior only server balance be no problem then, no one would need to cry we could all build max dc and pa with fire or dark.

Would this no translocation also prevent warriors from using bc and shoulder dash? Or is it just wizz that shouldn't be able to escape?

Works for me no translo means all these 150 wizzies go splat a little easier. And no more chasing warriors around the map trying to guess where sd will end up. And getting your damage in the 1 second you have before they shoulder dash off again :)

Bloodstorms easy don't have a zoo inside a castle. No pets no life. Taos can psn and debuff with puri and heal.

But when people actively have 30-40 pets inside a castle what do you expect to happen lol?

Yeah I know. I dont even mind how it is at the moment, I enjoy the game on a Tao, I just like to weigh in with ideas on here.. 98% of what I write might be bullshit and is rightly looked over, but if one post whether it be my idea or somebody else's get implemented or trialled and that helps improve something then I'm happy.

I do believe warriors are the ones lacking but as you said one para and it is game over, swings and roundabouts.

I do agree something needs to be done about wizz bloodstorm its way to OP in PVP lol making it not work vs pets would be good but id probs get all the wizzies on server against me for that lol. Taos supposed to be anti wizz class and a wiz can easily out damage , out heal and outlast me in any situation , im having to kill my pets to even stand a chance vs a wiz ... not right lol

I guarantee if you 1v1 me with your pets rested and just green psn me no other attacks and heal yourself I will die first BS on 4 pets is not great will only regen 30% or so a cast 1 in 10 will give a full regen

I guarantee if you 1v1 me with your pets rested and just green psn me no other attacks and heal yourself I will die first BS on 4 pets is not great will only regen 30% or so a cast 1 in 10 will give a full regen

Wiz vs tao wiz don't have a chance or atleast shouldn't. Only poor taos lose to wiz.

Unless in a cave with plenty of mobs.

No i'm not asking GM to take it away, i'm asking for new buff spells and few things that needed fixing IMHO like TDB where it doesn't work as advertised (80% target defence evade?). BC that always been poop. Ethereal blades that don't slow/freeze but it has ice element. Bloodstorm that enables instant full tank HP every 3 sec, either that or don't work on pets/arcamon.

Yes warr's are lacking, btw para don't work easy on wiz because of their defences, while they run/translo around. And with the current BC situation. It's like trying to hit a lottery.

BTW its a forum for discussion, where we put ideas and critics or point out problems, barely crying am i. Just check & balance from time to time. Anyway Andy has the final say.

J BS only works if there is a load of pets/mobs on screen, 4 or less and it hardly ever works. If you are fighting a wizz take the option to BS away from them it's absolutely within your power to do so.

If it was nerfed in this way it would fuck up pve as well as pvp.

I'm still receiving para prob 1 in 5 hits, and again even with all my def I can still die in a heartbeat from any of the top 5 warriors gid done me for 60% health at last war that's 5k hp in 1 hit.

No i'm not asking GM to take it away, i'm asking for new buff spells and few things that needed fixing IMHO like TDB where it doesn't work as advertised (80% target defence evade?). BC that always been poop. Ethereal blades that don't slow/freeze but it has ice element. Bloodstorm that enables instant full tank HP every 3 sec, either that or don't work on pets/arcamon.

Yes warr's are lacking, btw para don't work easy on wiz because of their defences, while they run/translo around. And with the current BC situation. It's like trying to hit a lottery.

BTW its a forum for discussion, where we put ideas and critics or point out problems, barely crying am i. Just check & balance from time to time. Anyway Andy has the final say.

You are crying tho.

Scorp already confirmed tdb ignores ac not pdr. Ethereal blade has never on any server slowed or frozen anything. Paras don't work on wiz because what defences mate?
You have para'd me a lot in wars.....

Anyway my entire ambition of posting in just this thread was not to argue but to point out that you asked for 50% MDR shield which is achievable from sockets and upgrades, so I say it again. You haven't explored the options available to you because you don't see the point. This is your choice. But until such a time as you do explore these options how can you say the games unbalanced? Because the meta has always been full dc and pa. You seem to think this is the only way.

Check how long the server has been here pdr has been ingame all along. It took 1 person to build a kit. For years every wizz went mc and fire damage. Now it's moving away from that, pvp is now not people splatting in 10 seconds. It's more endurance and ability than pot luck on landing a bc and 1 hitting the person.

J BS only works if there is a load of pets/mobs on screen, 4 or less and it hardly ever works. If you are fighting a wizz take the option to BS away from them it's absolutely within your power to do so.

If it was nerfed in this way it would fuck up pve as well as pvp.

I'm still receiving para prob 1 in 5 hits, and again even with all my def I can still die in a heartbeat from any of the top 5 warriors gid done me for 60% health at last war that's 5k hp in 1 hit.

There’s talent in imms that seem to have more success with BS than our wizzies and with less mobs in pvp though.

Personally think cool down there n BS should be extended just like BC was

Oh and BC fixed so if u do get someone the first 2 hits arnt behind them

You are crying tho.

Scorp already confirmed tdb ignores ac not pdr. Ethereal blade has never on any server slowed or frozen anything. Paras don't work on wiz because what defences mate?
You have para'd me a lot in wars.....

Anyway my entire ambition of posting in just this thread was not to argue but to point out that you asked for 50% MDR shield which is achievable from sockets and upgrades, so I say it again. You haven't explored the options available to you because you don't see the point. This is your choice. But until such a time as you do explore these options how can you say the games unbalanced? Because the meta has always been full dc and pa. You seem to think this is the only way.

Check how long the server has been here pdr has been ingame all along. It took 1 person to build a kit. For years every wizz went mc and fire damage. Now it's moving away from that, pvp is now not people splatting in 10 seconds. It's more endurance and ability than pot luck on landing a bc and 1 hitting the person.

Runes were not in the server when it first launched btw mate, dunno if you played at launch but it was a direct copy of p69, which did not have runes or any element for that matter in the game.

Why not add slow to ethereal blades? It is an ice spell, are there any other ice spells what don't add slow that are in game? I can't think of one, so why shouldn't that get changed?

TDB should say, Ignores 80% of target's AC then rather than important information hidden inside riddles, otherwise 'obvious' things like this will always be queried on this forum.

You would not fully socket a wiz with PDR if you didn't already get a 60% head start from shield.

Runes were not in the server when it first launched btw mate, dunno if you played at launch but it was a direct copy of p69, which did not have runes or any element for that matter in the game.

Why not add slow to ethereal blades? It is an ice spell, are there any other ice spells what don't add slow that are in game? I can't think of one, so why shouldn't that get changed?

TDB should say, Ignores 80% of target's AC then rather than important information hidden inside riddles, otherwise 'obvious' things like this will always be queried on this forum.

You would not fully socket a wiz with PDR if you didn't already get a 60% head start from shield.

Who's to say if it would be done or not. I'm working on a mdr kit have been for a while. Only gain 30% from shield, but I'm still giving it ago lol.

Warriors have bc to close gaps and Frost frenzy/chilling sword as well as slow from melee, so I don't kinda see why or how it will change much other than making Frost guards more useful?

I didn't play on launch wasn't interested in starting a fresh, wasn't until the spin of ele and upgrades which peaked my interest.

The pvp right now on the server is some of the most back and forth it has been for as long as I can remember. I'm not saying it's balanced, but no, one class is dominating and dropping people left right and centre. Taos probs the closest to being dominant if played correct. But every class has its moment.

Every class can get one over on the other.

Spot on.

Pvp on tao is insane. I've yet to die. I've had several 160+ players attack me and get literally nowhere until another tao shows up. I may not have the damage to kill but I can certainly ruin an entire hunt.

Who's to say if it would be done or not. I'm working on a mdr kit have been for a while. Only gain 30% from shield, but I'm still giving it ago lol.

Warriors have bc to close gaps and Frost frenzy/chilling sword as well as slow from melee, so I don't kinda see why or how it will change much other than making Frost guards more useful?

I didn't play on launch wasn't interested in starting a fresh, wasn't until the spin of ele and upgrades which peaked my interest.

The pvp right now on the server is some of the most back and forth it has been for as long as I can remember. I'm not saying it's balanced, but no, one class is dominating and dropping people left right and centre. Taos probs the closest to being dominant if played correct. But every class has its moment.

Every class can get one over on the other.

So you see that's my point, you wouldn't even bother making MDR kit if you don't get a shield that gives 30% MDR already. U know its common sense something u think u can push the % up more higher u'd do it. If u already got that spell, why not other class with similar or a counter to it? U so afraid of PVP being balanced? That's the reason why u being bias mate?

Para doesn't proc as much on wiz/tao because of their resistances, i felt para'ing warriors are much more easier.

Next thing, Ethereal Blades isn't even called by this name on other server, back in euro it's originally called Blade Avalanche and has no element or whatsoever because that server that time was ages ago but has the name of ice/snow element, no idea about other servers version of this skill though. In Arcadia, as the game evolved, this is the only skill that doesn't slow/freeze that has ice element, thanks to Child he noticed it also. It's a very fast casting skill unlike frost frenzy that need to activate first, then shift + right click to use, EB can hit a target 2 steps away, frost frenzy 1 step away, also difference in damage. It's totally different skill but with same element. So if u gonna compare other server to this, then other server wizz aren't capable to be a tanky then so Andy should have followed then? That's ur logic. xD

No seriously we need some changes.

Make all pvp damage reduced by 80% across all classes.. gives ppl a chance to fight and make it longer..

So you see that's my point, you wouldn't even bother making MDR kit if you don't get a shield that gives 30% MDR already. U know its common sense something u think u can push the % up more higher u'd do it. If u already got that spell, why not other class with similar or a counter to it? U so afraid of PVP being balanced? That's the reason why u being bias mate?

Para doesn't proc as much on wiz/tao because of their resistances, i felt para'ing warriors are much more easier.

Next thing, Ethereal Blades isn't even called by this name on other server, back in euro it's originally called Blade Avalanche and has no element or whatsoever because that server that time was ages ago but has the name of ice/snow element, no idea about other servers version of this skill though. In Arcadia, as the game evolved, this is the only skill that doesn't slow/freeze that has ice element, thanks to Child he noticed it also. It's a very fast casting skill unlike frost frenzy that need to activate first, then shift + right click to use, EB can hit a target 2 steps away, frost frenzy 1 step away, also difference in damage. It's totally different skill but with same element. So if u gonna compare other server to this, then other server wizz aren't capable to be a tanky then so Andy should have followed then? That's ur logic. xD

No seriously we need some changes.

You lost me at pvp to be balanced. Feel free to pm me and we can go to @pvp and see how many times I kill you. I shall even record the entire affair and post it here.

Your whole argument is that you can't kill a wiz, but a wiz can't kill you..... But as I said we go pvp. We can do 5 fights of me in hp kit no shield, 5 of me in mc with shield and a further 5 fight with me in pdr kit.

I'm well aware of eth having different names on other servers.... Its still the same spell on p69 it used to do 1/3 someone's hp and was fucked in the early days. If you would like aoe spells and ranged slow you played the wrong class.

You say I'm being biased but I'm yet to request a single target spell to para you, I'm yet to request 2 single target spells on a 10 second cool down, to which after casting you have to tt, or die. Which might I add you can load flaming sword and blazing sword run around a few seconds till they off cool down, before bcing into someone to be able to cast them both again landing 2x blazing and 2x flaming sword in 4 swings. That's around how much damage in 2-3 seconds?

All you show with your posts is because you cannot kill a wiz unless shield drops and you have to tt because they can pick away your health over time, that you are unwilling to build kit to make you survive because you will lose some damage, you believe that you should have all out attack and be able to kill people, but should also have spells adapted to help you survive.

You completely miss my entire point tho. You choose to not build a kit to help you, I build pdr because of shield? In that case build a fire res kit. You have guild buff 10%+ and tao buff 20% crystal/ele kit is a further 10% that's 40% of the bat. As everyone knows cop is a wizzys primary dps. So you can counter this spell no problem? So again have you explored any options available to you? Nope.

You asked for a 50% MDR shield and you have 10k health. Takes me 4 cops to rev you, would take me 8 if you built mdr. I have 60% base shield and 1/4 the hp? Should increase shield to 75% pdr to balance it, maybe even 66% would have to work out the base % of hp difference between warrior and wiz.

Last edited:
Back