What next for Arcadia? | Page 3 | The Legend of Mir

What next for Arcadia?

Hard to say what Arcadia needs right now but it does need changes. Feels like it's in maintenence mode like Diabo 3. I need a reason to log on and continue buying a sub every month.

To be fair, that's the whole point. You could say the same for Fortnite. To keep a game popular for so long there must be regular updates and new features

What about re hashing some of the older stuff on the server that people don’t use as much. Something like Rune crafting that requires to mine rare ore (bit like mining for plat back on euro ��)

What about re hashing some of the older stuff on the server that people don’t use as much. Something like Rune crafting that requires to mine rare ore (bit like mining for plat back on euro ��)

There was discussion on the suggestions forum about mining and how to re-introduce it / make it worthwhile, but the complexity of bots that are possible these days makes it very difficult to strike a balance between being useful for normal players but impossible for bots.

I'd love the idea though, for example if I log on 20 mins before a war or a guild hunt and can't be bothered killing a couple of bosses while I wait, I end up just standing in town talking shite or scrolling through the auction house. I'd be happy to spend that time hitting a wall and maybe get a rune or something valuable.

Maybe introduce a similar check to what was done to prevent AFK boss killing, to prevent AFK mining.

To be fair, that's the whole point. You could say the same for Fortnite. To keep a game popular for so long there must be regular updates and new features

I agree with you I'm just not sure what the right direction is to take Arcadia right now.

New client? New classes? Brand new server? How much do you risk changing?

I don't want to quit the game, I've played mir on and off since 2003/4.

Think thay changeing too much too quick is not a good thing in my opinion, i think scorp got a solid good game going but as whit all games u have to implement new things & changes over a period of time so a proper evaluation of the value of change can take place as always it will have a nockon effect on all the rest of things thats allready there, For me personally ive seen is the repair gear issue, as its now become a deterrant for people to actually do things togheter, i love the weekly challenges as u learn allot and good xp n drops, i have read about what people said about the delicate balance of game economics & how if u planned and made room for grinding gold it should be no issue, yes u are right but reality is people don't ore its non obtainable vs the need/speed u use up the gear. I can be completly out sailing here but just my thought, New players find it very hard to find information,guides,what gear ,where & what to do, and so on, Im not really sure if anything can be put in place for this to kinda Hold their hand for a bit until they feel more to grips whit the game and what their char is about... just trying to see it from the perspective of a person who started the game today and whitout a support system how he/she would move forward, as after all we want people to get sucked in to the game and stay ^^.
Think from a post i read above new pets would be a fun element and gives people a reason to go and chase it down and work on it for a while to get it where it needs to be.
Read about bank storage and bigger bags ect, ive run in to this issue my self, as when ur bag gets full u have no choice to TT back and loose all progress u might have done depending on where u are, ways around it is perhaps create a arcamon that have a sell function?
There is many ways to go about it if thats something to be considered, just a pure arcamon u need to hunt and get, a guild achivement/payment/spell ect where u can summon chest ore something and sell/dump things in to, this obv interlinks whit the guiltabs/space ive seen before commented on. Yes it can be a source of arguments but think it comes down to how u wish to go about it, u do have some kind of rank system in current guilds, u can link it in to what rank/title u have in guild to what u can and cant take out..if anything!? Diffrent guilds will have diffrent rules about this obviously but even if it can create friction it can aswell create allot of movement in the game & whit people. Guess it comes down whats important for u as a player. Ive been babbeling long enough now lol, just some thoughts. :)

So getting back to orginal post!
Since 2004 (euro P) I’ve played a lot of servers and here’s a cherry picking of the best event ideas. Obviously drop rates need to work for the server but underlying principle is the same.

These don’t include the good old event cave and mobs as that idea has already been discussed

Xmas ideas

Trees, drops, letters that can spell Xmas words.
classic idea and make some letters rare

Make trees drop super rares,! Obviously not loads but same chance for a lvl 50 and 150 to get a super rare, ( Xmas always brings part time players and you may “hook “ a few to stay if they get super lucky
Exp boxes and gold boxes! Proppper random amounts going from 1 to over a bill! (Rates in line with server of course)

Mounts, doubt there’s skins for them but who cares, an Xmas special reindeer that you can ride around on that’s faster then a horse.
Xmas gg substrition (event gold exp and drop bonus) pretty much garnered to generate rev to support server for all of 2019 on its own.
Xmas candy - probs to drop from trees but super potions possibilities, again make them rare but something like mc+100 for 2 mins, extra large sun pots etc

Xmas daily events, do something different, how bout “catch reindeer” super fast deer 5hat ignore clear rings and super high amc

X mas kit.

All Xmas event stuff could be wiped after a month.

Cry more bitches cos TheGoodFellas kicking your ass at war LOL you think its easy own all castles? we work hard and thats our rewards!!! Just cos you all noobs no have castles...and ofc we are the best!!! :cool::cool::cool: go cry more pls we love it!

Ding ding - ding ding ding ding- ding ding!! CRAZY FROG:frog::frog::frog:

You guys also are the worst winners and seems to take it just abit to serius

Ding ding - ding ding ding ding- ding ding!! CRAZY FROG:frog::frog::frog:

You guys also are the worst winners and seems to take it just abit to serius

Mate the more seriously they take it the better it is for me.

If they lose they cry we laugh. If they win they cry we laugh.

In my view whoever is happy is the winner, and that's always me, because I'm always happy :p

Men de kan inte känna till vårt speciella förhållande <3

Mate the more seriously they take it the better it is for me.

If they lose they cry we laugh. If they win they cry we laugh.

In my view whoever is happy is the winner, and that's always me, because I'm always happy :p

Men de kan inte känna till vårt speciella förhållande <3

Haha Du är en rolig kille. Jag är på din sida :)

gaining 6 castles is Rolk's biggest achievement in life so far... i dont mind letting him enjoy it a bit more... the guy thinks he works hard.. hahah ok mate enjoy it..

He has 5 doesn’t he? Legends 1 and Mongol 1

wasnt entirely sure man but ur right... either way thats how much i dont care about them... as time goes by things will change wether u like it or not.. right now it might not be in ur or my benefit. mir nature will balance it self one way or another... we have GOD aka scorpian to pray to or anything else if sht hits the fan too far i would call that nature too..

Back