rune removal tool | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

rune removal tool

I got screwed over twice by server bugs that were introduced months back.

Once when the server ate my wizards pets. I'm not the only one. It happened to a few people. I have no ability to get those pets again without buying them or bribing my way into a group to get them again.

I made gear to play my tao and start leveling it, only to find the aforementioned "attack speed bug" that would lock your tao in skill animations if you had over 17 attack speed. I didn't put attack speed on anything my items rolled that way when I rolled them for soul attack.

Warrior is the most tedious class to level and I generally just dislike it.

So I had two options. Buy pets for GG, which Ammar and a few others tried to sell me, ranging from 300gg to 500gg, or regear my tao. I had to trade my Tele ring and a shit ton of GG to regear my tao because of bugs.

You got screwed because enough people whined to get bound kit removed.

I got screwed by server bugs.
Nah I'm sorry but for years Wiz have lost pets. Part and parcel of the game. Why would anyone pay for pets? Plenty around that may not be as good as bdp pets but still do a job. If your reliant on pets to play Wiz. Then that's the problem.

As for a tao bug with attack speed... very simple solution to get below 17 attack speed. Hardly game breaking. Or wait for a fix? Scorp might not post often but he knows what's going on. You having no patients for fixes is more a you problem than a Scorp problem. Minor bugs like that tend to be fixed pretty fast.

I put 30k GG plus into bound kit, bought some of the first bound weapons for over 1.5k-2k GG each. Even when buying them and making them I was on the forums posting that they shouldn't be in-game. But they was and was very easy to abuse. Rock upto fights and spend 4-500gg on rev scrolls you couldn't lose. They had to go for the sake of the game.

I still don't get the animosity towards bound kit (maybe I never will).

It was not 'no drop'. It was 'hidden drop'.

It is clear that quite a few people disliked bound yet there is no outcry over game shop jewellery that still cant be dropped upon death. <shrugs>

I still don't get the animosity towards bound kit (maybe I never will).

It was not 'no drop'. It was 'hidden drop'.

It is clear that quite a few people disliked bound yet there is no outcry over game shop jewellery that still cant be dropped upon death. <shrugs>
It started as couldn't be dropped then was later changed to hidden drop.

Let's say you run to a boss and I rock in on my warrior with nearly 2k DC. Even if you win 9 fights Vs me I just keep getting rev scrolls and eventually your in town or dead. I have 0 risk of losing anything, bar a little GG. Similar in castle wars. People don't even have to wait for revs and the prospect of losing items is rather remote.

Nah I'm sorry but for years Wiz have lost pets. Part and parcel of the game. Why would anyone pay for pets? Plenty around that may not be as good as bdp pets but still do a job. If your reliant on pets to play Wiz. Then that's the problem.
Off topic a little here, but I have to disagree with you, I loath the need for pets now, but it is a "NEED" none of us can kill a champ mob in any higher level map before we grow old without them, I despise needing them, I despise that I cannot kill champs in a reasonable timeframe without them, I despise I cannot go afk in town (used to enjoy reading over the missed banter on guild chat) needing pets sucks, everything about wiz pets sucks, I feel like they are a bandaid for how weak we are single combat pve.

Off topic a little here, but I have to disagree with you, I loath the need for pets now, but it is a "NEED" none of us can kill a champ mob in any higher level map before we grow old without them, I despise needing them, I despise that I cannot kill champs in a reasonable timeframe without them, I despise I cannot go afk in town (used to enjoy reading over the missed banter on guild chat) needing pets sucks, everything about wiz pets sucks, I feel like they are a bandaid for how weak we are single combat pve.

The beauty of the MMO is that you can choose how to play it.

You have cornered yourself into a position where you have had a taste of the best pets and now do not want to play the game without them.

Wiz are fine to play without pets, and better with them, I get it bro that is the idea, they are difficult to get and tedious to retain, but improve your gameplay. Can you see the reasonable trade off that you are being asked to make, that I have just highlighted?

Personally I hate wiz pets and would rather struggle without, if I wanna hunt champs or bosses I ain’t gonna use a wiz solo to do it unless I can old skool wall trap it or something

The beauty of the MMO is that you can choose how to play it.

You have cornered yourself into a position where you have had a taste of the best pets and now do not want to play the game without them.

Wiz are fine to play without pets, and better with them, I get it bro that is the idea, they are difficult to get and tedious to retain, but improve your gameplay. Can you see the reasonable trade off that you are being asked to make, that I have just highlighted?

Personally I hate wiz pets and would rather struggle without, if I wanna hunt champs or bosses I ain’t gonna use a wiz solo to do it unless I can old skool wall trap it or something

You mis-understand me child I have always hated them, to this day I have never got pets from the Tuesday event, when it first started wiz could still kill wandering champ mobs without pets, now we cannot unless we have 15mins to waste (life is too short) to this day I have still never had more than 2 bdp pets, I haven't had a taste I STILL despise the need for pets, but now it is a need, there is no disputing that, I get only tongs as they are plentiful and do the job - albeit slower but still the Bain of my wiz existence.

-Aro

Aro you were always the wiz that found a way! Good to see that good people like yourself still play. Yeah wiz pets are a suckish thing to be wasting time on, they should just be something that you tame for a meat shield really

The point he was making on the pets is not that they died using them as a meat shield or that he is not good enough as a wizz to play with out them. It that a server error is why he lost them after paying demon souls and time leveling them for the server just to mess up and kill them when logging in. BDP pets are hard enough to get because everyone tries to get them on certain days or steal them from each other that’s just playing the game but server errors that is brought up to the GM and it is ignored is a slap in the face.

I supported this game a lot over the last year. Scorpion can look that up and knows I've put money into this server supporting it. I enjoyed playing it. Made a lot of friends on it, ran multiple guilds helping countless noobs level and get a foothold on this server because after all, this server needs new people to keep going.

But when you get no support in return to bugs that essentially brick your characters?

Made forum posts about both of these issues.

No help. No support. I'm not asking for free shit. I'm asking to be returned to me what i paid for and lost due to server bugs. I know other people have been helped. So for me to be passed by after supporting this server for the last year is like cable said, a slap in the face. This tool would have helped me recoup some of what i wasted and lost due to server bugs.

I'm over it. Moved on to path of exile. Said goodbyes to my guildies, and left said guilds.

I supported this game a lot over the last year. Scorpion can look that up and knows I've put money into this server supporting it. I enjoyed playing it. Made a lot of friends on it, ran multiple guilds helping countless noobs level and get a foothold on this server because after all, this server needs new people to keep going.

But when you get no support in return to bugs that essentially brick your characters?

Made forum posts about both of these issues.

No help. No support. I'm not asking for free shit. I'm asking to be returned to me what i paid for and lost due to server bugs. I know other people have been helped. So for me to be passed by after supporting this server for the last year is like cable said, a slap in the face. This tool would have helped me recoup some of what i wasted and lost due to server bugs.

I'm over it. Moved on to path of exile. Said goodbyes to my guildies, and left said guilds.
I took time to investigate, thanked you for your help, and gave you 500 GG.

@Scorpian you have me confused with someone else then, because my IGN is CSpaceCowboy and CSpaceCowboyII and I havent received anything from you.

I'm not asking for GG or anything like that. @mob me some pets for my wiz and give me back my 5 soul crystal xls and take the weapon i upgraded and could never use, and trash it. I put 5 xl soul crystals on a holy crystal brise thats in my storage and could never use it. The necklace I had to sell and got a new one, same with my Rev gem ring thats sitting in storage with attack speed and a +10 sc xl I could never use.

That my thread. Never got any help from that other than itll be fixed with next update. No eta. So my option was to quit playing until fixed, or spend more GG and trade my tele ring for new kit. So thats what I did.

I made sacrifices to keep playing this game and got zero help in return.

Last edited:
@Scorpian you have me confused with someone else then, because my IGN is CSpaceCowboy and CSpaceCowboyII and I havent received anything from you.

I'm not asking for GG or anything like that. @mob me some pets for my wiz and give me back my 5 soul crystal xls and take the weapon i upgraded and could never use, and trash it. I put 5 xl soul crystals on a holy crystal brise thats in my storage and could never use it. The necklace I had to sell and got a new one, same with my Rev gem ring thats sitting in storage with attack speed and a +10 sc xl I could never use.

That my thread. Never got any help from that other than itll be fixed with next update. No eta. So my option was to quit playing until fixed, or spend more GG and trade my tele ring for new kit. So thats what I did.

I made sacrifices to keep playing this game and got zero help in return.
My apologies for the mistaken identity

Are you saying that you couldn't use any of that kit because of the A.Speed?

I ended up with attack speed 24*I added it up* with all my kit. Had to get a new weapon and ring..

Ended up trading away my tele ring and gg for new weapon and ring. So the holy crystal brise with 5 xl sc stones I could never use. I just want those stones back. Trash the weapon I don't care.

And before that my wiz had 3 of his clawed wolfmen flop over dead after logging into the game and teleing into bw. 42 minutes on timer and half health. Gave my last wolfmen away to a guildie and that's why I started playing my tao.

420 is mostly new players from before and after skull island. We don't have the ability to get to 4th bdp to re tame those pets. So losing pets that are vital to your class to level, is game over.

This rune removal tool would have helped me reclaim wasted sc stones from a weapon I never used because of the attack speed bug.

-edited to add correct numbers.

Last edited:
Back