Upgrading for numpies | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Upgrading for numpies

im back :)

this time about orbing a newly identified item...

so i buy a para ring from store, use 1mil scroll, and it goes 7 stars, I go to orb to try and kick it to 8 star but no avail.

Question:

If i carry on Orbing the ring, will it eventually go Artifact?

im back :)

this time about orbing a newly identified item...

so i buy a para ring from store, use 1mil scroll, and it goes 7 stars, I go to orb to try and kick it to 8 star but no avail.

Question:

If i carry on Orbing the ring, will it eventually go Artifact?

Remember "Quality" of items are determined by the number of attributes on an item, not necessarily the value of the stats added. Adding some orbs has a chance to increase the quality, try using a mix of different orbs.

Remember "Quality" of items are determined by the number of attributes on an item, not necessarily the value of the stats added. Adding some orbs has a chance to increase the quality, try using a mix of different orbs.

Is socketing an item classed the same as orbing? (Attributes)

Ok, so only orbs can help me get it to 8*? I put 9 DC orbs on it last night but as warda said I'll try different orbs see what happens. I'm like a magpie, I like shiny things.

Ok, so only orbs can help me get it to 8*? I put 9 DC orbs on it last night but as warda said I'll try different orbs see what happens. I'm like a magpie, I like shiny things.

As 5* explained, the added elemental stats determine whether or not it will go to artefact. They must add up to more than 6.0% otherwise it will never go artefact.

For example:
Level 150 wiz staff has default 5% fire damage
If you craft it and it comes out like this

5.5% fire damage
1.2% dark damage
3.3% lightning resistance

Then the added stats are 0.5 + 1.2 + 3.3 = 6.0 which is not enough and it will never go artefact

If it is like this
6% fire damage
3.8% lightning resistance
1.3% holy resistance

The added stats this time are 1 + 3.8 + 1.3 = 6.1 which is enough and it will go artefact

- - - Updated - - -

Usually items like that will go 5/6/7 stars after crafting and will go to their final quality (number of stars) after 1 or 2 orbs

Socket items will never affect it

What is the standard magic attributes of the 300gg para ring from store? I'm 90% sure it doesn't tell you as it is uni? Will have to double check tonight, as mine has more than 6% magic and didn't go artifact.

turns out mine was on 6% so wouldn't go arti. all sorted now, shame i wasted so much money on orbs last night >.<

turns out mine was on 6% so wouldn't go arti. all sorted now, shame i wasted so much money on orbs last night >.<
The total stat added should round up 6.5%+ for it to be artif. Bare in mind if you get - 1.5% dark resistance for example it will reduce from 6.5% and will be 5% meaning won’t turn out artif.

If i design a ring and it turns out to be speed +3 and fire 2%, how many speed orbs can i put on the ring given that the max for PureStormOrbs are +4..?

If i design a ring and it turns out to be speed +3 and fire 2%, how many speed orbs can i put on the ring given that the max for PureStormOrbs are +4..?

Mmm that's a very good question. Quite curious myself! I guess magic avoid and poison resist would be the same question. Is there any other stats that can be gained through crafting and also with orbs? Something cheaper te test maybe

As 5* explained, the added elemental stats determine whether or not it will go to artefact. They must add up to more than 6.0% otherwise it will never go artefact.

For example:
Level 150 wiz staff has default 5% fire damage
If you craft it and it comes out like this

5.5% fire damage
1.2% dark damage
3.3% lightning resistance

Then the added stats are 0.5 + 1.2 + 3.3 = 6.0 which is not enough and it will never go artefact

If it is like this
6% fire damage
3.8% lightning resistance
1.3% holy resistance

The added stats this time are 1 + 3.8 + 1.3 = 6.1 which is enough and it will go artefact

- - - Updated - - -

Usually items like that will go 5/6/7 stars after crafting and will go to their final quality (number of stars) after 1 or 2 orbs

Socket items will never affect it

What you say there is true, but also there is a measurement of total added stats (not just elemental stats) and the spread of different stats. But probably, by the time you have 6%+ elements you have already met the other conditions.

Would there be public outrage if I moved the goalposts of these conditions to make it harder to get Artefact? Since there's so many artefacts in game it would be nice to have a higher rank

Mmm that's a very good question. Quite curious myself! I guess magic avoid and poison resist would be the same question. Is there any other stats that can be gained through crafting and also with orbs? Something cheaper te test maybe

Orbs only compare against the basic unrefined item, it doesn't matter where the +4 comes from, if an Orb max is +4 then it won't work

What you say there is true, but also there is a measurement of total added stats (not just elemental stats) and the spread of different stats. But probably, by the time you have 6%+ elements you have already met the other conditions.

Would there be public outrage if I moved the goalposts of these conditions to make it harder to get Artefact? Since there's so many artefacts in game it would be nice to have a higher rank

Please don't I like my shiny characters haha

No man.. dont please.. Getting artifact items/designs/essence is hard as it is already and costs a bomb.. and on top of that they can fail or get some rubbish results.. i dont like it..

I just started my quest to make a full artefact kit for my lvl 50 store char lol.

Also I like my shiny stuff, but I guess it would give people incentive to try and craft more.

Maybe if you made artefact harder to achieve but made 7 star items a silver shiny rather than gold, at least people who used to have 8 stars but now have 7 would still have some shinyness to show off

- - - Updated - - -

No man.. dont please.. Getting artifact items/designs/essence is hard as it is already and costs a bomb.. and on top of that they can fail or get some rubbish results.. i dont like it..

How many do you need? I have a silly amount of des/ess sitting, bulk discount if you take the whole lot :p

Back