Request: buff to lvl 3 Warrior spell: Awakening | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Request: buff to lvl 3 Warrior spell: Awakening

So just to be clear here, you think if I had 100% of the hpr from candle in the awakening skill, I'm also not purchasing the candle to save on the gg cost leaving me -100% of my normal hpr and now I'm farming as fast as a wizz ? okay then.

This is about distributing value between 2 items that benefit them both that both come at gg cost, its buffing a currently mostly useless skill that costs a lot of money to give you overall no higher stats than you started with and at most give you slightly more time to react when your candle runs out, not sure how farming speed increase factors into this at all or why I should play my wizz regarding this.

What about wiz and tao who currently benefit from the 200% HPR torch?

What about wiz and tao who currently benefit from the 200% HPR torch?

I'm sorry but I don't think that's an excuse to leave a 300gg skill that people unknowingly spend 30 quid on useless nor should ranged classes or premium currency stat boosts be the primary balancing factor of the base HPR of a mele class.

How is awakening useless though? It increases hpr by 100% it all goes part way to making warriors the best class ingame

How is awakening useless though? It increases hpr by 100% it all goes part way to making warriors the best class ingame

Well given how ranged classes aren't willing to accept 100% instead of 200% from a candle that costs 5gg instead of 300gg I think your answer is pretty self evident.

I am a warrior now and will be buying awakening

Proud of you when you get high enough lvl to use the skill, experiment and invest a lot of gold in different hpr set ups in different hunting grounds using different aoe set ups with luring cry please come back to the thread.

Proud of you when you get high enough lvl to use the skill, experiment and invest a lot of gold in different hpr set ups in different hunting grounds using different aoe set ups with luring cry please come back to the thread.

My warrior is 153, I don't use that char much but I went on it this morning for about an hour and did 10%, small lures and a combination of tdb / firethrust / crosshalfmoon / frostfrenzy / firefrenzy, swapping which skill I'm using quickly and often as the size of lure and type of mobs I have changes. Still less buttons than I use on my wiz by a long way, sno not a problem imo, just takes experience with the char and getting a good feel for how to handle a situation. There's no shame in running / battlecharge / RT away if you take on a bit much and going back to pick off your lure a bit at a time

My warrior is 153, I don't use that char much but I went on it this morning for about an hour and did 10%, small lures and a combination of tdb / firethrust / crosshalfmoon / frostfrenzy / firefrenzy, swapping which skill I'm using quickly and often as the size of lure and type of mobs I have changes. Still less buttons than I use on my wiz by a long way, sno not a problem imo, just takes experience with the char and getting a good feel for how to handle a situation. There's no shame in running / battlecharge / RT away if you take on a bit much and going back to pick off your lure a bit at a time

I agree playing a warr does indeed require those things but I don't see how that relates to moving a stat around to make a skill justify its worth. If you intend to play warr with your frenzy aoes with luring cry you depend on the store bought candle. If you want to play it much slower and without a candle that's absolutely fine tho certainly not efficient but there's nothing wrong with playing with tdb and chm if that suits you, however we also have the frenzy skills that even ccing with frost greatly depend on HPR and if yours is under 400% you will explode very suddenly and while you do indeed have some escapes that help, the feeling of hanging on by a hair while initially sounding exciting isn't viable when hunting for hours on end so given how much the warr depends on the gg store to properly utilise this part of its kit it only seems logical that the one skill it buys relating to it should actually give a value of worth that makes a difference.

I have worked out a way here to simply share the stat, it would be nice to buy candles out of convenience or try out the 10% damage one or just for an added bonus without feeling like its an integral part of my kit. All the HPR in the world isn't going to make warrs suddenly have the same clear speed as a wizz, not even close but if there is one thing this thread has taught me is that the anti warr buffers can be just as over the top as the warrs who demand every ability we have procs bloodlust.

Well given how ranged classes aren't willing to accept 100% instead of 200% from a candle that costs 5gg instead of 300gg I think your answer is pretty self evident.

The book is much cheaper than the torches, because it lasts forever. 300gg for a permanent buff, vs 5gg for 3 hours. You will definitely buy more than 60 candles in your time, if you buy one every day then in only 2 months you've spent 300gg on them already, over the lifetime of your char you will spend much much more than that. It's absolutely right that they are more beneficial.

The book is much cheaper than the torches, because it lasts forever. 300gg for a permanent buff, vs 5gg for 3 hours. You will definitely buy more than 60 candles in your time, if you buy one every day then in only 2 months you've spent 300gg on them already, over the lifetime of your char you will spend much much more than that. It's absolutely right that they are more beneficial.

There's a big difference between upfront investment leaning someone much further towards spending rl money as opposed to small increment payments and at no point in my argument did I suggest we make the candles worthless and a warr would still depend on it to hit the 200% needed. I probably know scrop the least out of anyone here but one thing I do believe is apparent from posts I've seen is he wouldn't want someone to spend £30+ on gg and feel what they bought had no worth, certainly not a worth that justified the cost, so after much testing and personal investment in gear tweaking I worked out a way to address this problem by moving 100% of the hpr out the candle to the skill but this is apparently unfair on the wizz which given how you showed me in game how much tankier wizz becomes over a warr I Would have thought would make you agree more that perhaps warr could do with the base 100% but here we are.

Either way this thread has become exhausting and clearly there is no place for reasonable suggestions here so I concede, enjoy your weekend.

You do make a good argument, but I think we're destined to agree to disagree on this one :) it's been a breath of fresh air debating with someone who doesn't resort to childish insults almost immediately which seems to be par for the course these days haha

Why is this all about the 30 quid cost? Y not hunt it in game and save ur £££. I would be mega interested to see your purchase history on AH / stalls to see what nice kit you have bought, and more importantly to see what actually benefits it’s bought ur char. As far as value for money goes, £30 for 100% hpr is great value, much better than a lot of other upgrades out there. The difference in price between HC brace and a cele is about 5 times that and stat increase is definitely not worth 5 times more that 100% hpr

Why is this all about the 30 quid cost? Y not hunt it in game and save ur £££. I would be mega interested to see your purchase history on AH / stalls to see what nice kit you have bought, and more importantly to see what actually benefits it’s bought ur char. As far as value for money goes, £30 for 100% hpr is great value, much better than a lot of other upgrades out there. The difference in price between HC brace and a cele is about 5 times that and stat increase is definitely not worth 5 times more that 100% hpr

1. you understand that you can convert gold to gg right ?

2. you understand the difference between the devs setting a gg price on a premium store and a player setting one on a player driven market ?

3. why are you comparing the base stats of a class to end game gear progression.

That's the best post yet.

One thing id like to say about this spell is not about the regen but about the fact it says "Increases HP by 0" ? Is this bugged and wars are supposed to get an addition 500/1000 hp ?

Dunno if this been fixxed was looking at a old SS lol

Last edited:
1. you understand that you can convert gold to gg right ?

2. you understand the difference between the devs setting a gg price on a premium store and a player setting one on a player driven market ?

3. why are you comparing the base stats of a class to end game gear progression.

That's the best post yet.

1) y even say this when your moaning about your ££ in op. It’s not even relevant, you bought a spell and feel it wasn’t worth it.

2) gms set the prices, players choose to pay them.... I said go hunt for it not buy it

3) was an easy set of numbers to work with without logging on and looking up prices. I could log in and a find a more relevant example for you, but I feel there’s no hope for some people, you have blinkers on and won’t budge on your view.

1) y even say this when your moaning about your ££ in op. It’s not even relevant, you bought a spell and feel it wasn’t worth it.

2) gms set the prices, players choose to pay them.... I said go hunt for it not buy it

3) was an easy set of numbers to work with without logging on and looking up prices. I could log in and a find a more relevant example for you, but I feel there’s no hope for some people, you have blinkers on and won’t budge on your view.

I wouldn't even say we set the prices - it is usually a year(s) after a skill is released that it going into the shop and we undercut the market which has already judged the demand / value of it.

It concerns me most that a 5k HP pot takes 96 seconds to finish (tested on a level 180 warrior). That time drops to 12 seconds at 1000% regen.
Really this seems stupid. Whats the point in a pot? Realistically you could expect that potion to work in under 10 seconds naturally.

The problem here is a bit of Jenga, things are reasonably well balanced at the moment but if this issue gets "resolved" the tower could easily collapse.

I think on the next update we will trial a small change to the regen times, so MP and HP potions will both work faster. We will start with a small change and work towards making potions do what potions should do.

Feel free to please voice your opinions :hopelessness:

I wouldn't even say we set the prices - it is usually a year(s) after a skill is released that it going into the shop and we undercut the market which has already judged the demand / value of it.

It concerns me most that a 5k HP pot takes 96 seconds to finish (tested on a level 180 warrior). That time drops to 12 seconds at 1000% regen.
Really this seems stupid. Whats the point in a pot? Realistically you could expect that potion to work in under 10 seconds naturally.

The problem here is a bit of Jenga, things are reasonably well balanced at the moment but if this issue gets "resolved" the tower could easily collapse.

I think on the next update we will trial a small change to the regen times, so MP and HP potions will both work faster. We will start with a small change and work towards making potions do what potions should do.

Feel free to please voice your opinions :hopelessness:

I think a slight baseline boost would do wonders. That or making hpr more effective would be amazing.

I feel the pain on my wiz without using a pro. Annoying to have to wait for mp to Regen just to finish off the last 3-4 hits of a lure.

Id like to see the HP pools gain a small increase too possibly , getting a +30hp/mp boost from lvl 173-174 is just abit pointless. The Demand on HP runes recently has been insane , in my mind this shows that this is what all classes want.

Id like to see the HP pools gain a small increase too possibly , getting a +30hp/mp boost from lvl 173-174 is just abit pointless. The Demand on HP runes recently has been insane , in my mind this shows that this is what all classes want.

You may be right however I don't think increasing both would be wise. Lets get potions into a more functional state first

Back