Past Bichon - Expectations | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Past Bichon - Expectations

Just wanted a quick community discussion regarding expectations for the next update - Past Bichon (..the year is now 2006 :excitement:)
The rebuild is near complete. We are testing, refining and balancing things now to try and hit that sweet spot right away. Estimated release in 10 days or so..

So, hit me with your expectations, desires, thoughts and ideas.

Also, anyone not near the top end (if you are worried you will be left behind with the update). Feel free to post your opinions on how to adapt early game-play so everyone can have some fun.

We have some exciting things coming and hope to report on some of them this weekend.

Will this new PB release be close to the euro one ? I remember there being some kind of mob attack on the town where hordes of Omas come down used to be quite good for wizzies to level:p , that would be pretty cool if they could come from east ,south , north , west to avoid too much conflict over the mobs . But would also be interesting for PK ? Maybe make that area a no drop zone to help the less experienced players losing their gear ? I wonder if those devil nodes will take a year to kill as well like they used to on euro 😅

To balance things for low lvls I recommend activating ST the whole map including finding your way thru the maze.

I don't understand what you mean here, can you explain? Not sure if you mean stone tomb or sunken temple, but both are fine last time I looked

I don't understand what you mean here, can you explain? Not sure if you mean stone tomb or sunken temple, but both are fine last time I looked

Stone Temple / has 7 floors if am
Not wrong. Was a decent place to lvl in Dragon and then go thru the maze to 7th and smash all the white boars real/fake and ES as main boss (Evil Snake ).

Or just activate BC (Bug Cave) with lord EC (Evil Centipede)

Basically I’d to see old maps become useful so plenty places for everyone to hunt however they like :)

Hi im Jack, I'm a player from Zentaur server returning after years away from the game. Would appreciate any tips or help on return to this beloved game.

Hi im Jack, I'm a player from Zentaur server returning after years away from the game. Would appreciate any tips or help on return to this beloved game.

Have you played Arcadia before?
If not you couldn't of chosen a better time to return! Theres a few helpful guides stuck to the top of forum general chat what will help you out, and if you message a player who's 150 and above in game I'm sure every one of us would definitely give you a few pointers.

Stone Temple / has 7 floors if am
Not wrong. Was a decent place to lvl in Dragon and then go thru the maze to 7th and smash all the white boars real/fake and ES as main boss (Evil Snake ).

Or just activate BC (Bug Cave) with lord EC (Evil Centipede)

Basically I’d to see old maps become useful so plenty places for everyone to hunt however they like :)

Stone temple is still worthwhile place to go for certain things. And EC still exists in lifedeathcoffin from the mw portal, although a higher level version of both those places would be nice I would leave the originals in place as they are still fun for low levels

Just wanted a quick community discussion regarding expectations for the next update - Past Bichon (..the year is now 2006 :excitement:)
The rebuild is near complete. We are testing, refining and balancing things now to try and hit that sweet spot right away. Estimated release in 10 days or so..

So, hit me with your expectations, desires, thoughts and ideas.

Also, anyone not near the top end (if you are worried you will be left behind with the update). Feel free to post your opinions on how to adapt early game-play so everyone can have some fun.

We have some exciting things coming and hope to report on some of them this weekend.

I would live to see evil mir in game with mir items as they should really be the top level kit... Also more super and champion mobs... They drop better than bosses... It's insane really!! And more places to level... I'm around 125 wizard with all spells... It isn't so much of an issue for me but other classes are such a grind there's only a couple decent places to go.... Places like prajna temple need an upgrade... It's so quick to lvl 100 with the quests... Surely all these lvl 40 bosses could be highered so there are more bosses worth killing... And there needs to be more bosses between lvl 120-130... Nothing seems to drop items in that level bracket....

- - - Updated - - -

And on old mir servers the run from oma King to evil mir would take about 40minutes and no rts... That's part of the game... You want to kill the best boss you've got to work for it... No rts no recall no tele ring!!! Get running and survive if you can!!!! Also I think you need to introduce more Instant health/mana potions... Like sun pots... Makes lower levels actually stand a chance at killing boss's around their level xD

I would live to see evil mir in game with mir items as they should really be the top level kit... Also more super and champion mobs... They drop better than bosses... It's insane really!! And more places to level... I'm around 125 wizard with all spells... It isn't so much of an issue for me but other classes are such a grind there's only a couple decent places to go.... Places like prajna temple need an upgrade... It's so quick to lvl 100 with the quests... Surely all these lvl 40 bosses could be highered so there are more bosses worth killing... And there needs to be more bosses between lvl 120-130... Nothing seems to drop items in that level bracket....

- - - Updated - - -

And on old mir servers the run from oma King to evil mir would take about 40minutes and no rts... That's part of the game... You want to kill the best boss you've got to work for it... No rts no recall no tele ring!!! Get running and survive if you can!!!! Also I think you need to introduce more Instant health/mana potions... Like sun pots... Makes lower levels actually stand a chance at killing boss's around their level xD

I agree that a lot of the "level 40 bosses" could have higher level duplicates, but I wouldn't remove them completely, this game is still fun at the lower levels for young players. My son has been playing for a couple of months (only 3 or 4 hours a week) and he has a wizard level 70ish and a warrior about level 30. It's like proper easy mode at those levels, but for someone with less skill and slow reaction times and less understanding (young children) this kind of game play is ideal and still challenging.

For level 120-130 bosses as you say they don't drop enough for the level bracket. The main issue here is that if they drop anything decent with any kind of frequency, higher level players will just camp them and get all the drops, so you'd still miss out. I think the trick here is to make the bosses a high rate of drops but make them harder to get to. This whole server is so reliant on tele rings now, it kinda ruins it a bit. For example thinks like iku turso, king leoric, savage woomataurus, stuff like that. If there was a duplicate of each, with the same difficulty, but 10x drop rate but takes at least 15 minutes to get to. I bet the top players would still only tele ring to the poor one and nobody would really bother with the new ones, except the people who actually need the items/books they drop. Just an idea!

100% agree about the run to evil mir, needs to take time and effort to reach or it'll just end up another farming exercise.

For bigger sunpots, there are bigger versions that restore 2k/3k, I'll leave that as a quest for you to figure out where and how to get them, don't wanna make it too easy for ya :p

I think a good idea is either make duplicates with no rt/tele/recall. Also another idea for current rt caves is have higher rate boss unlock after x kills. Only shouts unlock inside cave.

Should make the run to RD a place where warriors cant BC and wizzies cant Translo

Yes, sort of, don't just disable the skills though, make it enough mobs that there's value in not rushing through and actually killing stuff, like diablo cave

Should make the run to RD a place where warriors cant BC and wizzies cant Translo

Even if they could run ahead what benefit would it give them over all? I suppose more pressure on taoists to get to them and revive them.. or they can use a scroll which can work out for everybody

i know im probs a bit late for any suggestion to be added but id like to see the danger in the mobs be the shear number of mobs rather than just the DC of the mobs. Like with the New loki place , we cant really get nice lures coz the mobs will just own u in a few hits . Something similar to DesertMines.

i know im probs a bit late for any suggestion to be added but id like to see the danger in the mobs be the shear number of mobs rather than just the DC of the mobs. Like with the New loki place , we cant really get nice lures coz the mobs will just own u in a few hits . Something similar to DesertMines.

Speak for yourself :p Only problem for wiz is the stun that just deletes your hunt. I'd happily charge about doing mad lures there but if I get stunned I might as well just TT either that or stand about for 10 seconds waiting to die

But yeah I do agree massive number of mobs would be cool, mobs with like 1k dc similar to the goblins in CT they aren't too bad but absolutely pack the place like the route to REL so you have no choice but to fight through, would be a giggle!

Speak for yourself :p Only problem for wiz is the stun that just deletes your hunt. I'd happily charge about doing mad lures there but if I get stunned I might as well just TT either that or stand about for 10 seconds waiting to die

But yeah I do agree massive number of mobs would be cool, mobs with like 1k dc similar to the goblins in CT they aren't too bad but absolutely pack the place like the route to REL so you have no choice but to fight through, would be a giggle!

Yeh was thinking exact same thing of having it packed like REL

Back