Newbie leaving the server! | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Newbie leaving the server!

Please go learn legend of mir before you talk...you know nothing about this server you are a newbie im here from 4 years and i think i know what is right or not. Farm quests are so boring and ppl leave server for that too. So please dont make confusion on this forum i know its only cos you have nothing to do, and please stop pm me insgame asking to learn you how to play ;) ;) thank you!

You found farmer quests boring. I find them very fun. It's a matter of perspective. "Boring" is subjective.

You have been here 4 years, I have been here 10 months, yet I know 95% of what you know. So settle down buddy and go learn some more :)

For me the reason why I never haven’t ever gotten far on this server is just due to lack of skills and equips available from 70-100. It’s very frustrating not having any good leveling skills, not finding key skills for sale except for gg (like toxic fog) and generally not feeling like there is much progression at these levels.

Mobs from 80-100 all seem to be very close in power/difficulty and hp increases from sub 1k to 5k all of a sudden). Also boss difficulty seems all over the place compared to their level and requires you to be way higher level with good skills in most regards but without equips or skills you can’t kill them. For example bosses up to Terror Lord are perfect difficulty but all bosses after I have found just plain stomp someone pre-100 (Khazad, Darkdevil, etc.).

So it becomes a catch-22 that it’s very hard to progress without levels/gear and you can’t get those because you can’t kill the bosses that drop them. Heard from lots that these drop from mobs their level but that is either super rare or bs. Spent last 3 days grinding out level 80+ areas (fox cave, ZD, etc) without any of these drops except for some weird level 250 MC item that dropped (not sure what it is for as this isn’t a relevant level...). So they must all be tied to boss drops - I even killed like 8 blue mobs in these areas with crap drops except flowers and pots.

So my 2cents is fix the progression curve or be more helpful/explicit on where the hell to find stuff as everyone seems super secretive on this stuff which is a crappy community experience except for die hards.

Generally speaking, recommended levels go something like this:

AntCave 62
PrajnaTemple 66
TerrorTemple 67
InsectCave 70
Black Dragon Dungeon 70-80
IceTemple 50-80
FoxPath 80
PastBichon 85
SvaltusCave 85
ZumaDungeon 92
StoneTemple 92
MutantMines 95
HolyPalace 95
Phoenix Castle 97
Valkyrie 97
DarkWood 102
Hercules 102
CistheneCave 107
Forseti 107
Thor 112

I don't think people are being purposefully secretive, they probably don't know, it was a long time since they were at those levels and things have changed many times since.

Sounds like you found a quest item, have you not been doing the Farmer's quests?

For me the reason why I never haven’t ever gotten far on this server is just due to lack of skills and equips available from 70-100. It’s very frustrating not having any good leveling skills, not finding key skills for sale except for gg (like toxic fog) and generally not feeling like there is much progression at these levels.

Mobs from 80-100 all seem to be very close in power/difficulty and hp increases from sub 1k to 5k all of a sudden). Also boss difficulty seems all over the place compared to their level and requires you to be way higher level with good skills in most regards but without equips or skills you can’t kill them. For example bosses up to Terror Lord are perfect difficulty but all bosses after I have found just plain stomp someone pre-100 (Khazad, Darkdevil, etc.).

So it becomes a catch-22 that it’s very hard to progress without levels/gear and you can’t get those because you can’t kill the bosses that drop them. Heard from lots that these drop from mobs their level but that is either super rare or bs. Spent last 3 days grinding out level 80+ areas (fox cave, ZD, etc) without any of these drops except for some weird level 250 MC item that dropped (not sure what it is for as this isn’t a relevant level...). So they must all be tied to boss drops - I even killed like 8 blue mobs in these areas with crap drops except flowers and pots.

So my 2cents is fix the progression curve or be more helpful/explicit on where the hell to find stuff as everyone seems super secretive on this stuff which is a crappy community experience except for die hards.

Not sure about this, I have a store char that’s lvl 92 and that’s from just doing quests when I’m bored or waiting for a boss rs.

There’s useful spells that don’t cost the earth that u can lvl with. Also there’s a lot of players out their willing to help. Take missmortal for example. Has received help from me and 5startao among others. he’s only been on server couple weeks and is lvl 126 now.

Knowledge is the key, ask for help and read old forum posts. If you just play based on previous Mir experience from other servers you will not get the most out of the server

Knowledge is the key, ask for help and read old forum posts. If you just play based on previous Mir experience from other servers you will not get the most out of the server

I think this is the key point. Obviously people are finding it difficult to find this information or do not appreciate the importance of recommendations in game. Although jsyphon seems to know where to hunt but isn't finding it easy enough. Maybe there is a problem with the kit, or a missing skill

3 of my store chars are level 96 94 and 84 and none of them have ever left town. I haven't played my warrior in ages but got a notion for it last week and did a full level (132) in about 5 hours. Anyone who thinks levelling up is hard or slow is either doing something wrong or has zero patience.

There is some good exp for new players now with the resting experience.
What they need help with are the skill books.
Very hard for them to get all the lower to mid level skill books people sell them for silly prices.
Just make it easy for them to get kits and skills up to 100 then they have a good foundation to work on.

There is some good exp for new players now with the resting experience.
What they need help with are the skill books.
Very hard for them to get all the lower to mid level skill books people sell them for silly prices.
Just make it easy for them to get kits and skills up to 100 then they have a good foundation to work on.

On my tao I got all the skill books I needed from shops or ghoul cave up to level 60. After that I admit some of them are a bit harder to get and some of them are really hard to find. But surely that's part o the challenge?

My point wasnt about leveling so much as gear/skills. Btw I am 85 and still rocking 60ish gear in most places (bought a few higher level pieces for a crap ton since people over price stuff) and still don’t have toxic gas or angel skills. I found my pre 70 skills fine, it’s the ones after that are a PITA including gear. Only reason I have Boreal or Grant is because I paid a couple mill for them after grinding mobs for shit drops and selling a ton. My feedback here was that you can progress ok up until 70 gear/skills wise without assistance but after that you are kind of screwed unless you buy your stuff on market if you are solo. Shouldn’t have to rely on others to progress.

On the remarks about quests, I have done a good portion but the ones left just feel like aids. For example the three sailors gathering or grinding 1200 mobs in ice temple for zero drops and zero experience. Spent a good portion this morning grinding out BDD looking for all the Photon items but stuck on bracer and can’t find one for sale...

Zad is 100% what I am referring to, although haven’t progressed beyond 100 yet so no clue how that will be but happy to grind it out if I get a solid base to work with.

Those books will drop at about 1/20 from Svaltus Troll (without any drop buffs)

Welp, killed the hell out of troll boss and nothing good dropped except fire field and that is still a crap drop. Out again until you sort out the fcking skill problem. Stupid that three skills that are sub 100 on Tao are aids to hunt for, cost a ridiculous amount or aren’t even forsale. I don’t mind if the high level skills are rare but pre-100 is just retarded especially when you get shit drops while grinding for them.

Welp, killed the hell out of troll boss and nothing good dropped except fire field and that is still a crap drop. Out again until you sort out the fcking skill problem. Stupid that three skills that are sub 100 on Tao are aids to hunt for, cost a ridiculous amount or aren’t even forsale. I don’t mind if the high level skills are rare but pre-100 is just retarded especially when you get shit drops while grinding for them.

How have you been in the game for 3+ years and not got level 100 books? Who are you ingame?

Back