Is there a way to increase the resolution to a playable state? | The Legend of Mir

Is there a way to increase the resolution to a playable state?

I'm using an ultrawide 5k monitor and if I run the game in full screen it's too stretched and cant see anything and in window mode it's tiny, I tried changing the resolution in the ini file but it didn't work. The server has been around a long time so surely there is a way to increase the resolution that I'm just not seeing. Even if the fullscreen worked, I wouldn't really want to play in fullscreen either as I need to be able to alt tab to other apps often.

I was playing Myth of Soma recently and even that old game has higher resolution support.

Wow Soma still exists? I'm assuming a private server somewhere. Not played that since original server, massive nostalgia overflow incoming 🤣

To your question though, no, you get what you get. Just play it window mode and drop the display resolution in windows until it's reasonably visible.

There was some work towards alterative resolutions a few years ago but the work fizzled out and was never released. I guess there was other priorities because very few people complain about it. I've even gone for a smaller monitor just for Arcadia 😊

Wow Soma still exists? I'm assuming a private server somewhere. Not played that since original server, massive nostalgia overflow incoming 🤣

To your question though, no, you get what you get. Just play it window mode and drop the display resolution in windows until it's reasonably visible.

There was some work towards alterative resolutions a few years ago but the work fizzled out and was never released. I guess there was other priorities because very few people complain about it. I've even gone for a smaller monitor just for Arcadia 😊
Yeah still the same server thats been around for years. It still has around 100 active users.

I heard Andy's business is reporting decent profit from this server year on year so I'm sure he can hire some developer to get this resolution issue sorted quite quickly.

Yeah still the same server thats been around for years. It still has around 100 active users.

I heard Andy's business is reporting decent profit from this server year on year so I'm sure he can hire some developer to get this resolution issue sorted quite quickly.
His private jet comes first 😁

I still remember doing linen runs, if yeu were fast you could get 3 bags full before the shop sold out, get 30apc for them 😁

To say it would be difficult would be an understatement.

It would be a massive undertaking, and the client download would get much much much larger.

The resolution is a nightmare, all these cash cow terrible servers even have multiple resolutions - I’d definitely choose a different res if available.

I agree with the OP. The current resolution is really bad. There should be a way to let people choose different resolutions like many other servers have done recently. It's not impossible. I know it will be difficult, but it would definitely make the server better. I know many players who would join Arcadia if the picture quality improved.

I want to mention that the GM is earning around £70,000 a year from this server. Considering how wealthy he is, it shouldn't even be difficult for him to do this. He could easily hire someone to do it for a very low cost, since he's rich. Or do it himself if he's bothered, probably not considering the current updates we're getting but yeah.

Last edited:
I cant speak for Andy's server as I dont know what custom work he has done to it but adding resolutions on other servers is quite simple.

Last edited:
You could try using parallels to install a separate version of windows that runs by default at a lower resolution. You can then run an unstretched window that is a more usable size.

You could try using parallels to install a separate version of windows that runs by default at a lower resolution. You can then run an unstretched window that is a more usable size.
I honestly thought about using a VM for this.

Playing on a 34" 2k monitor in windowed mode is honestly making me fking cross-eyed. :ROFLMAO:

You can get a 24" monitor for buttons. I've got larger monitors but use my small one for Mir. Works great.

Changing the game resolution wouldn't make a difference to scale; it would just put more things on screen which would still be small.

The options really are to change your display resolution (lower) or play in full screen with aspect ratio scaling mode on so the game is top to bottom of the screen with blank space either side.

Changing the game resolution presents a few issues eg interface needs updating to be responsive; server and client need to be able to handle varying player view distances; but primarily the graphic engine can barely handle it as it is. Chronicles had a better engine and the C# files have access to significantly better frameworks

Changing the game resolution wouldn't make a difference to scale; it would just put more things on screen which would still be small.

The options really are to change your display resolution (lower) or play in full screen with aspect ratio scaling mode on so the game is top to bottom of the screen with blank space either side.

Changing the game resolution presents a few issues eg interface needs updating to be responsive; server and client need to be able to handle varying player view distances; but primarily the graphic engine can barely handle it as it is. Chronicles had a better engine and the C# files have access to significantly better
Is there a way i can make it so only arcadia runs with black borders when in full screen?

I suppose it would depend on the graphics driver / utility having the functionality to do that so not really sure!

I ended up fixing it by running it inside vmware. its a bit annoying when using discord to speak to friends as you cant use the push to talk button while inside the VM but I can deal with that.

Back