Is it grief play? | The Legend of Mir

Is it grief play?

Pookies

If your solo minding your own in sunken ship and an individual keeps hunting you down even after rting away and they find you and kill u again and they go red on their wiz, so then they war your guild and come back on their tao and do the same thing over and over. Is that greif play?

P.s I left guild temporarily cause I'm sick of this prick doing it every Tuesday getting free kills. I even warned him id leave guild. I have recordings to. Even on peace mode and no pets, how do I go brown when they attact me first? And when they are red how do I go brown??

Last edited:
Taos have some weird bugs with poison/debuffs and other peoples pets. Even on peaceful.

One of our tao guildies once killed a wizzie pet in rdd. Have the screenshot to prove it. Killed a cold wasp in RDD. The guild got the guild points for it, it's how we knew.

I can only assume you poisoned/debuffed some mobs and it landed over someone's pet and it bugged out to make you brown.

There was also a bug even back on Dragon and Phoenix if a noob attacked you but did no damage to turn brown, your pets would haul off and kill em turning you yellow or red.

Taos have some weird bugs with poison/debuffs and other peoples pets. Even on peaceful.

One of our tao guildies once killed a wizzie pet in rdd. Have the screenshot to prove it. Killed a cold wasp in RDD. The guild got the guild points for it, it's how we knew.

I can only assume you poisoned/debuffed some mobs and it landed over someone's pet and it bugged out to make you brown.

There was also a bug even back on Dragon and Phoenix if a noob attacked you but did no damage to turn brown, your pets would haul off and kill em turning you yellow or red.

Nope I didn't rebuff or poison him. I was recording it and i was stood there white, and I turnt brown without even moving.

Also that's weird in rdd as that's a SZ cave lol. How did you get gps for a pet 😂😂 There must be a bug somewhere.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me not play much anymore, you go on a peaceful hunt for a hour to get some gold or runes and end up being followed around the server by dickheads.

make event caves like sunken and yimms a safe zone as it happens here every fucking week. people block yimms entrance so you cant even get back in and hunt.

its like going in the weekly hunts and jumping on peoples ely ore drops and just repping them.

Its the same person. Unfortunately nothing ever gets done

Lol, pookies posts under her own name, makes it clear she is speaking about herself and says someone is griefing her.

You then want to make it a guild issue. Any particular reason for this?

Edit: Appears the post I replied to has been deleted...

Last edited:
Nope I didn't rebuff or poison him. I was recording it and i was stood there white, and I turnt brown without even moving.

Also that's weird in rdd as that's a SZ cave lol. How did you get gps for a pet 😂😂 There must be a bug somewhere.
Found it lol

We were all so fking confused lolol

wtfsafemap.png

Attachments

• wtfsafemap.png
    wtfsafemap.png
    761.8 KB · Views: 29
Just go back to rules, "everyone can compete". So, the map just not yours. I guess u might frustrated due to losing DS to enter. Using 50ds to rev is better then re-enter.

You cant enable death drops as you would alienate a sizable chunk of pve players from ever doing them again.

You cant enable death drops as you would alienate a sizable chunk of pve players from ever doing them again.
Dabbled on the idea of utilising player walkthrough mechanics (or 'ghost' effects) for safe dungeons so it could negate abusing the safe zone for snagging drops, only small issue I can think of with it is stacking up warriors and just kamehameha'ing bosses into oblivion. Not sure how feasible it is though but I know the functionality for walkthrough exists, whether it can hook into specific map functions is anyone's guess though.

Can you imagine how quickly a group would smoke Red Dragon with CoP wizzies stacked with warriors going ham? Health bar who?

Oh and sorry Pooks, to answer your question - I don't personally think it is classed as grief, though Scorpian may have a different view. Technically the PK system is the penalty for it so the mechanic of 'hunting' someone is not considered an abuse of unintended mechanics to intentionally disrupt someone else's experience. It's more just annoying, same could be said with any other dungeon I guess. That mention though about your character going brown for no reason though I'm curious to see, if this is the case it needs looking at closer.

Last edited:
The solution would be for any item that is considered rare or less frequent to automatically drop into the players bag who got the kill. I am not sure how this would work with groups however.

Would it be possible to trigger ghost walk-through on the death of a boss? I kinda thought that it could only be assigned to a cave permanently.

What about ghost walkthrough that resets after 2 seconds... you can still get to the item but cant stack players.....
"can't" is a strong word, there's always ways to exploit things. Give people an inch etc etc you know what folk are like with this game haha

"can't" is a strong word, there's always ways to exploit things. Give people an inch etc etc you know what folk are like with this game haha
Absolutely - Walking through people was never a thing that really could be done in euro mir, but 2 people could move onto the same square at the same time and would be pushed off after a few seconds. Yet we still found ways to use it to our advantage.

Back