Guild Wars | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Guild Wars

Surely this is bullshit as your not allowed to fight them anymore....but yet still enjoy letting them take items your guild members drop :)

Alan has made an agreement with them, so you are correct that I cannot fight against them in wars. That doesn't mean I don't want to. I'd be happier without this agreement, but it is what it is.

I think its wrong to say either side as advantage as they clearly are both balanced out by the positives and negatives or either all finishing same time or all finishing different times.

I think the nature of wars and the set times is a difficult thing to combat if he made it so wars could be arranged by the attacker or occur as and when this makes it hard for the defender to be ready but clearly this is more realistic as America wouldn't tell Russia there going to attack on X day X time. this could only ever change to this method if the defenders had the ability to deploy some defences to counter the fact they are not people logged on ready to fight.

However on the flip side which we currently have is arranged times which means it gives everyone the same amount of time to prepare granted this still makes a hard for defenders as they have to ensure they have enough people to defend on the said X day x time but at least they know it's always a set time in the current setup. There are no defences as the walls and archers are pointless at some of the walls and are not consistent across all walls.

The extensions have helped liven the wars up this is clear to see as a long time player and once a member of the guild that dominated the server before we left we can see this so I don't think they should go but maybe could be tweaked..

- - - Updated - - -

Surely this is bullshit as your not allowed to fight them anymore....but yet still enjoy letting them take items your guild members drop :)

BS also - Me and several others was with to 100% when TTD got WW and was active in both tactics and wars. Sooooo.. what happends now ? I even take abit of credit of the outcome in the end as it was abit scattered troops a while :)

From what I can understand and the way I see it..

Extended wars:
Pro: Endurance can beat power - a dedicated but physically weaker Guild may beat a more powerful one
Con: A powerful Guild may swarm for castle to castle and take them all

Limited time wars:
Pro: One Guild must spread thinly in order to capture more than one castle
Con: Makes it really hard for a Guild to have two castles

From what I can understand and the way I see it..

Extended wars:
Pro: Endurance can beat power - a dedicated but physically weaker Guild may beat a more powerful one
Con: A powerful Guild may swarm for castle to castle and take them all

Limited time wars:
Pro: One Guild must spread thinly in order to capture more than one castle
Con: Makes it really hard for a Guild to have two castles

Aye pretty much lol. Hit the nail on the head there.

Since there seems to be some strong disagreement, how about I throw a third option in the mix just to confuse things further...

When you declare war on a castle you can choose an option if it will extendable or limited and the defending guild won't know which you picked until last 10 minutes!

Back