Gems and orbs | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Gems and orbs

I think it's a good idea to make orbs disintegrate. 7 days is plenty to either use it, attempt to sell, or give to an ally/randomer for cheap or even free when there is a short time left on it.

Maybe Kevin could have a questline introduced, he has a long lost relative or an old colleague in the gem crafting trade. Who has a more success rate than he does, for a little more gold, and along with a grinding oil he could need another item what prevents the orb from disintegrating. The npc could be a hike away in a cave that takes around 10-15 mins travelling, no use of tele ring limited use of random teleport.

This would introduce a new reagent into the game what could be sold on AH to players who want to get some orbs put away ready for new kit, thus creating a new market. Also create some new type of orb what can be sold on the market too, obviously will be worth more than the standard orb. Gives players with patience and time another way to make gold, win/win situation

I really like this idea. People really don't like running though, so it might end up quite repetitive and boring and people won't like it. So it would have to be really worthwhile.

Another idea I just had is this... each type has a new equivalent (RoughGrindingWax, MediumGrindingWax, FineGrindingWax) which do the same as oils, cost the same, and use same npc, only difference is the wax is rarer (maybe things that normally drop GrindingOil could have a 1/10 chance to drop GrindingWax instead, and the wax equivalents will make the orb last longer (maybe a fixed amount of time like 2 weeks or even make it a random number of days between 7 and 30)

Just another option for Andy to think about!

i think gold is easy accessible as for gems and orbs, having a percentage of faiiure is a good thing but the time limit on them disapering needs removing.

I really like this idea. People really don't like running though, so it might end up quite repetitive and boring and people won't like it. So it would have to be really worthwhile.

Another idea I just had is this... each type has a new equivalent (RoughGrindingWax, MediumGrindingWax, FineGrindingWax) which do the same as oils, cost the same, and use same npc, only difference is the wax is rarer (maybe things that normally drop GrindingOil could have a 1/10 chance to drop GrindingWax instead, and the wax equivalents will make the orb last longer (maybe a fixed amount of time like 2 weeks or even make it a random number of days between 7 and 30)

Just another option for Andy to think about!

This grinding wax would be another great addition to my “spice up drops” thread.

Back