Farmer Quests | The Legend of Mir

Farmer Quests

zad48231

Leading Contributor
The farmer quests back in the day were an excellent way to show new players around, introduce them to all the relevant caves, where to find various mobs and bosses and collecting useful kit and books

The problem is the server has moved on and the quests haven't, the rewards are useless to anyone beyond about level 80, and that can be achieved in a very short amount of time

I think it's time the quests were updated to reflect the current level ranges of the server, and should be giving relevant rewards (things like required books, space stones, hunt elixers etc.) for doing relevant tasks that are challenging but not impossible for an average new player. They should go up to content around the same level as the skull island quests (150) or maybe even a little higher. Use these quests as a way to guide new players into the content that will be engaging for them and encourage teamwork.

If it's of interest I'd be happy to provide some more specific suggestions around what quests might work

Good idea, I think if the quests gave relevant exp and rewards up to around level 150-160 then more people would strive to complete the entire questline. I think I either heard or read somewhere that he was planning on reworking the new starter experience at some point but adjusting the rewards on these quests may be a good short-term solution until he figures out what he wants to do.

The farmer quests back in the day were an excellent way to show new players around, introduce them to all the relevant caves, where to find various mobs and bosses and collecting useful kit and books

The problem is the server has moved on and the quests haven't, the rewards are useless to anyone beyond about level 80, and that can be achieved in a very short amount of time

I think it's time the quests were updated to reflect the current level ranges of the server, and should be giving relevant rewards (things like required books, space stones, hunt elixers etc.) for doing relevant tasks that are challenging but not impossible for an average new player. They should go up to content around the same level as the skull island quests (150) or maybe even a little higher. Use these quests as a way to guide new players into the content that will be engaging for them and encourage teamwork.

If it's of interest I'd be happy to provide some more specific suggestions around what quests might work
I like this. Defo needs an upgrade. Gets people out safezone and hunting again. Solo or in groups/guilds. I like little quests, they fun.

totally agree
personaly i feel like there s no point in completing the quests atm since there will be a point in which hunting quests are useless exp wise (cuz the mobs are rly bad exp giving), but you still should kill 5000. the reward is also super low, just farming for exp will make you more than the quest.

Problem with Quests as they are is they can easily become pointless by a single update. I have been making notes for a while now on how to incorporate similar systems but keep them "timeless" so any suggestions welcome

Simple rewards
Simple targets
Simple lessons

That sort of thing

I like the farmer quests. If they could be revised with higher mobs and higher xp rewards that would be great.

/nads
Problem with Quests as they are is they can easily become pointless by a single update. I have been making notes for a while now on how to incorporate similar systems but keep them "timeless" so any suggestions welcome

Simple rewards
Simple targets
Simple lessons

That sort of thing

Simple rewards
Simple targets
Simple lessons

That sort of thing
There's currently 3 "sections" which each have 32 quests. The first section is open to anyone, the other 2 unlock when you complete the heroes quest.

I propose keep all of the existing quests (but maybe tone them down a little, so new players can complete them faster) but expand it to have more sections, and have them unlock at certain levels

1. Journey to Rebirth (existing) - Open to all
2. The Reborn Hero (existing) - Unlocks at level 90
3. A Heroes Legacy (existing) - Unlocks at level 110
4. [something new] - Unlocks at level 130
5. [something new] - Unlocks at level 150
6. [something new] - Unlocks at level 170
7. [something new] - Unlocks at level 190

This gives you scope to introduce 32 new quests for each level band, which can introduce players to level appropriate areas that are less popular and under-utilised, and gives the game as a whole a bit more of a storyline. As well as freeing up the purpose of the heroes quest to maybe be something else entirely, have some thoughts on that but might make another thread later so we can keep this one on topic

The quests can be things like:
  • killing a certain number of mobs in various level-appropriate caves, helping players to explore areas they might not otherwise have thought of trying
  • collecting an item from an npc deep in caves (doing it this way is better, collect item from npc in cave and deliver to farmer, when it's the other way round people drop the item from farmer then can't complete the quest!)
  • clearing special small caves that the player is teleported into, that requires specific tactics to complete that will be useful to learn in order to kill public bosses at that level range
  • performing tasks that commonly need explained (complete extermination meter, salvage an item, craft an item to artefact, add a socket to an item, add mythic socket to an item, make an epic orb, buy a torch, use a toughening oil, buy something from demon soul shop, name an arcamon, just a few ideas)

The rewards can be utilised to cover common pain-points, at 130/150 sections there could be things like:
  • space stone
  • experience / finding potions
  • casewraps
  • level/class appropriate kit

For the 170/190 sections there could be some additionally beneficial rewards such as:
  • experience / finding elixers
  • evolution stones
  • mythic sources
  • subscriptions
  • level/class appropriate kit
  • socket items

I must say as a perfectionist I'm working my way through the last couple of quests. the reward for completing them all is 10 mil exp. Which at level 157 spending a ridiculous amount of time to achieve them all gives me roughly 10%. I think the reward for fully completing all quests due to the reduction of exp required at lower levels and the amount of pain staking work it requires (which used to be part of levelling but now is just low level caves looking for enough mobs) should be at about a billion exp. You wouldn't massively boost the exp gains but it would be a badge to show you've done it here's 10 levels or something (I think you'd struggle to be below level 145 to complete all the sections of the farmers quests)

Just my input, might get people doing them for fun instead of OCD lol.

Would also incentivise new players to work through them when they saw the massive reward they would get. This would require a massive restructure of the quests although it would increase competitiveness for some lower level caves so may be worth changing the spawn rate of general mobs?

I think this would be a better way to keep lower level levelling relevant rather than I've got an alt I'll throw 10 mil on I'm level 100 then ignore the lower level content.

Hard to make exp rewards timeless since over time you will make it easier for certain level brackets to level so I think this will be something you just need to keep adjusting every year or 2. I do think if you start the questline as a new player it should get you to around level 150 when you finish it maybe even 160 if the level cap is being raised in the near future.

Timeless rewards in my opinion are things like:

Starter Kit that Levels up with you to 150 (30 day duration character bound)
Not Upgradeable
Not Socketable
I would imagine at level 150 this kit would have stats similar to grand kit (120)

Character Bound Arcamon Food (M) + (L) (to get a level 150 Arcamon would require 166 Arcanon Food (L)'s so giving 1-2 per higher level quest wouldn't hurt. Give Mediums for the lower quests)

Arcamon (teach them about feeding the Arcamon food to the Arcamon)
maybe choose between a Sheep or Spider Frog which eventually evolves in a decent Arcamon

Yellow Evolution Stone
Teach them that they can upgrade/evolve their Arcamon when it reaches a certain level

Mythic Essence
This will always be needed as long as the mythic system exists and it's quite hard to get as a new player.

Bound Mythic Sources
always needed, maybe give this at the end of the questline with a level 150-160 item and guide them to the npc and ask them to use it for the final quest.

Fine Grinding Oils + Gems
always needed, put an npc for this in BW and guide the player to the npc and ask them to make the orb as one of the quests.

Levelling Skill Books
small amount of good skills books for each class that they will need the most for levelling. Off the top of my head I would say Frost Frenzy, Call of Phoenix and for Tao I'm not too sure since toxic gas is much lower level and easier to get. Maybe Summon Elemental or Devils Vision.

Character Bound Skill Necklace

Back