The Great Wizard Debate | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

The Great Wizard Debate

People make wizzies cos they can be fking op!
You can lvl super fast, the runes are cheap ( unless u want full hp, but there’s so many options to get to like 90% of potential for cheap as chips)
most top gear drops from easy to kill subs (yes they take twice as long to kill than a warr but you have saved hours levellin)
pvp is easier

ppl will always be attracted to a certain play style, hence the even balance at the top 20.

the bdp pets tip the scale too far tbh and everyone knows it. No one really benefits from them apart from the top 1% of wizzies
some use them to solo everything (which is fucked in its self)
some rely on them to level and kill bosses, if the loose them / get stolen, it’s basically game over (that’s also fucked)
some people go out of their way to steal others pets (toxic af! And fucked)
some use them as support animals as the are emotionally damaged (again fucked)

all these issues could be fixed but there seems to be a lack of will or want by gm team. its been mentioned before but no action taken

They are still the most expensive to gear if you want to NOT use pets.

Hp xls are 450 each. You need minimum 10 at 170/180 to hunt in bug cave and not die.

4500gg required. On top of armor weapon rings etc...

The problem with bdp and rdd pets is simple.

THERE ARE NO OTHER PETS OVER 190 TO USE!

That's it. Simple fact.

Do pets suit your playstyle? No? Pony up the GG for health runes and kit. Not everyone will or can do that.

I feel either two things needs to happen.

a.)Scorched earth. Remove Eshock. Nutrure, etc... Buff the bottom line of hp for wizzies to compensate. Pets were always meant to be tanks, not damage dealers. On top of that, wizzies need lightning damage reinstated to its former glory. Buff its damage to living creatures. That would offset the single target damage gap they have vs every other class. Lets face it, wizzies top dealing single target damage skill is dragon break and its trash.

or

b.)Add more pets over 190 so bdp and rdd pets aren't an issue anymore. Crypt witches filled this role and were removed because people whined about them. Now wizzies over 190 have only 2 options for pets and now people are whining about them.

Removing pets without buffing the bottom line of the class would murder the class for every noob who hasn't thrown minimum 6000gg at their wizzies kit. You would push out many many players either into other classes, or to be honest, most would just quit the game.

I play 182 warrior and I can't consistently beat big lures solo in BugCave, I rev and sometimes I die coz I risk hoping for a bloodlust that never comes. Maybe I am just crap but when grouped with another class I can Luring Cry as many mobs as will arrive and not even rev, it makes a huge difference. So the point I am trying to make is that if I had 5 or 10 HP XL I would also survive solo. I think the point to focus on is that wizards can tame pets that pretty much put the game into easy mode.

I'd love to see the end of these op pets to begin with and also see some more readily available 190 pets that are not as powerful, to balance the server a bit. How can you have 1 class that is claimed to be underperforming then tame 5 mobs and become a class that can solo anything without adding any effort or investment? This means everything has become centred around retaining those 5 mobs.

I like the idea of buffing wizards HP slightly, but really the easiest test is to add some pets that are meat shields and get shut of these hot knives.

They are still the most expensive to gear if you want to NOT use pets.

Hp xls are 450 each. You need minimum 10 at 170/180 to hunt in bug cave and not die.

4500gg required. On top of armor weapon rings etc...

The problem with bdp and rdd pets is simple.

THERE ARE NO OTHER PETS OVER 190 TO USE!

That's it. Simple fact.

Do pets suit your playstyle? No? Pony up the GG for health runes and kit. Not everyone will or can do that.
Fact is you can’t play wizz like this. You want to play with the big boys but can’t afford it

you don’t need 10 hp runes in your kit, you can use AC Mac pdr Mdr stones. You may have to adjust your style of play though. This is what warriors have to do now, they can do huge of dc at the expense of everything else (glass cannon) but can’t solo top caves like that…..

I do agree that you need pets from the top cave, in fact every cave should have tame able mobs

thats the entire point of pets by design, tame while you hunt to assist with the current hunt, then go again next hunt

I do agree that you need pets from the top cave, in fact every cave should have tame able mobs

thats the entire point of pets by design, tame while you hunt to assist with the current hunt, then go again next hunt
And there is the problem.

I've been saying it for a while now. There simply are zero pets above 190.

You show me one wiz, right now, without a single hp rune on his kit, with zero pets, that can solo level in any of the hell mouth caves. It's impossible.

So wizzies HAVE to make a choice. Ridiculously expensive hp runes and mediocre mc, or low hp and pets to tank.

And there is the problem.

I've been saying it for a while now. There simply are zero pets above 190.

You show me one wiz, right now, without a single hp rune on his kit, with zero pets, that can solo level in any of the hell mouth caves. It's impossible.

So wizzies HAVE to make a choice. Ridiculously expensive hp runes and mediocre mc, or low hp and pets to tank.
Ofc ppl use hp runes, they are easy enough to farm / buy. I’m talking about using loads and loads.

Look at the kit of the top 20. Calculating the cost of their runes will be very telling (they are all worth a lot!)

Love hearing people complaining about HP runes. All the HP runes on my 14k HP wiz cost less than the runes on just my armour and weapon on tao. Bottom line is if you want to compete at the top you have to spend. If you don't want to spend then adjust your expectations

Love hearing people complaining about HP runes. All the HP runes on my 14k HP wiz cost less than the runes on just my armour and weapon on tao. Bottom line is if you want to compete at the top you have to spend. If you don't want to spend then adjust your expectations
100%

further more this issue is about pets, not runes

Back