The Great Wizard Debate | The Legend of Mir

The Great Wizard Debate

UnKnownAngel

Leading Contributor
I’m just writing this because I feel the forum has become a place for wizards to moan and groan about the issues of the class, but yet I see so many flocking to create one recently to use as their alt.

People moan about the pets, should the pets at BDP and RDD exist in the first place, maybe that is creating the hysteria.

People are moaning about the skills, but I have seen many a Wizard take down tough mobs and also they remain a necessary asset to guilds and groups alike in both a PVP and PVE aspect.

So I am now starting to think is this an agenda thing and now multiple wizards are just trying to push improvements to an already powerful class? Attempting to deceit the server and the dev team…

People's opinions will always be biased and unreliable. Best thing GM could do is run some stats in the background on how much each class is actively being created/played/levelled and how many mobs and bosses are killed by each class. Nerf whichever class has the highest number on those stats overall and buff the lowest, whatever that looks like

Raw numbers is the only way, because there's so many opinions and almost all of them are in the clouds, it's worse than politics 🤦

I agree bdp pets shouldn't exist as most wizzies of the level can't obtain them solo.

There should be an even spread across all levels to obtain pets.

Want to see less bdp and rdd pets, add some that are 190+

As for the leveling too quick, yes they do level quick and without pets, if and only if, you can afford the 10 to 15 health rune xls and sockets to put on kit.

Again comparing all wizzies to the likes of Danielle, Magicman, etc... is a disservice to the class. Not everyone can obtain their kit.

As for kit, any class can level quickly with good kit. Several members of my guild have 2 or 3 190+ toons cause leveling is stupid fking easy and was recently made easier. Leveling isn't the issue here it's obtaining kit. Without kit you are left to your spells to level and boss.

Again I'll point at the ranking.

Ammar, Danielle, etc... 7 wizzies, 7 warriors, 6 taos in top 20. Seems a pretty even spread if you ask me.

I agree bdp pets shouldn't exist as most wizzies of the level can't obtain them solo.

There should be an even spread across all levels to obtain pets.

Want to see less bdp and rdd pets, add some that are 190+

100% agree with all this, I think having pets so overpowered and locked deep into a high entry fee cave is just wrecking the class.

In response to your more recent post it does appear that the game is the most balanced it has ever been, credit where credit is due on that. I think the game feels balanced too when playing it and being in a group with another class really feels like the game comes to life.

Have you ever noticed how many wizzies BDP pets are just idle in town, constantly?

Wizzies don't have access to OP pets for day to day levelling, they have them on standby because they CANNOT kill a top level boss without them. There's a reason the best of the best of this server still have them tamed. It's impossible to do what the other 2 classes can do to bosses without having them. Be anti-wiz all you want, but the class is dependant on it, and it fucking sucks. I wish you could use them for levelling!!!! Absolutely no chance of that! They stay out of safe zone for longer than 2 minutes they get stolen. It's broken beyond belief that this one class has to put up with all this bullshit, constantly, minute after minute hour after hour. GET RID OF THE PETS AND BUFF THE SPELLS PLEASE!!! The whole debacle has cost the server more income for the GM than he can possibly imagine.

Have you ever noticed how many wizzies BDP pets are just idle in town, constantly?

Wizzies don't have access to OP pets for day to day levelling, they have them on standby because they CANNOT kill a top level boss without them. There's a reason the best of the best of this server still have them tamed. It's impossible to do what the other 2 classes can do to bosses without having them. Be anti-wiz all you want, but the class is dependant on it, and it fucking sucks. I wish you could use them for levelling!!!! Absolutely no chance of that! They stay out of safe zone for longer than 2 minutes they get stolen. It's broken beyond belief that this one class has to put up with all this bullshit, constantly, minute after minute hour after hour. GET RID OF THE PETS AND BUFF THE SPELLS PLEASE!!! The whole debacle has cost the server more income for the GM than he can possibly imagine.

I'm not anti-wizard, I agree with everything you say until you ask to buff the spells. That's where you lose my support.

Wizards have never been solo'ing top level bosses unless they can be trapped behind a wall, in which case they would still need a tao to come and apply green poison to speed it up lol.

How is it possibly fair that to equal the odds of bad damage output that a class should be subjected to constant fear and anxiety that no other class has to experience?

Let me get this straight your argument is what?

Wizzies have never been able to solo top level bosses unless trapped behind a wall, but also the OP pets that enable us to kill one shouldn't be allowed? So what, wizzies can't kill bosses fullstop? Sounds anti-wiz to me bro.

Let me get this straight your argument is what?

Wizzies have never been able to solo top level bosses unless trapped behind a wall, but also the OP pets that enable us to kill one shouldn't be allowed? So what, wizzies can't kill bosses fullstop? Sounds anti-wiz to me bro.

Facts are we ain't bros coz I don't know who you are.

Your ideology is that wizards should lose OP pets and to compensate for losing those pets their spells should be buffed to mitigate their loss, but most wizz admittedly can't get the pets anyway because they can't get a group together to reach the map that they spawn in, or if they can they can't keep hold of them because they can't successfully defend against another wizard coming to steal them?

If I interpret correct you are offering me two choices;
A - The OP broken pets remain locked away deep into a cave that are hard to access.
B - Remove OP pets and give every wizard that logs on the damage boost to compensate.

I am choosing option A. Thank you, associate.

Geoff, I feel like you set the tone of immaturity here. So it's too little too late now. I would like to test this forum feature to reveal to you that I decline to answer any of those 5 questions which you just asked.

Back