Melee Shift Movement | The Legend of Mir

Melee Shift Movement

Is there a way to turn off the shift priority movement for melee? its the worst feeling melee combat I have ever felt on any server because when you press shift while holding right click to move around its taking priority over your right click and forcing you to move towards the target which feels terrible. Instead on Euro and every other server you can hold shift and run around and the shift will only attack the target if they are within your range rather than forcing your movement.

If there is a simple way to disable it that would be great.

I've never heard anyone complain about that before, or even mention it for that matter. Can't you just let go of shift? I'm not really understanding why this is an issue

It just takes away a lot of the skill aspect of melee combat as you cannot fully control your own movement since shift is required to hit the target and its forcing unnatural movement. As somebody that has played Melee for 20 years there is quite a bit of skill involved in PVP e.g. stepping away from the target and waiting for them to move towards you and using that opportunity to get the first hit on them as they are locked in movement animation but on here the whole shift priority messes that up completely as soon as you press shift if you arent within their ranges its moving you towards them.

I know there isn't that much PVP on this server so its probably never been brought up as an issue but it really does feel horrible. If I had noticed it sooner I would probably have never started playing warrior.

Just unlock from the target. Hard shift and hit empty air once and it's done. No more target lock. Use right click to run around as necessary. When you want to hit target, press shift and click. Everyone else seems to manage it fine

It just takes away a lot of the skill aspect of melee combat as you cannot fully control your own movement since shift is required to hit the target and its forcing unnatural movement. As somebody that has played Melee for 20 years there is quite a bit of skill involved in PVP e.g. stepping away from the target and waiting for them to move towards you and using that opportunity to get the first hit on them as they are locked in movement animation but on here the whole shift priority messes that up completely as soon as you press shift if you arent within their ranges its moving you towards them.

I know there isn't that much PVP on this server so its probably never been brought up as an issue but it really does feel horrible. If I had noticed it sooner I would probably have never started playing warrior.
Don't worry it's not that much of a big deal. It is slightly annoying but nothing.
Doesn't change anything really, you'll get used to it quite quick.

Back