Event exp not that great for my level range. | The Legend of Mir

Event exp not that great for my level range.

I can only speak for my level (153) but the exp I'm getting per mob is just the same as the normal caves outside of the event. This is in the 0-160 cave.

The reason I think this isn't correct is because my friend is in one of the higher zones and he's getting 100k exp per mob which is double his usually exp per mob he gets in caves outside of the event cave. Surely if he is getting double the exp of his normal caves then it should be the same for me getting double the exp of the caves I hunt outside of the event.

I think its like this because the level range is so wide with it being 0-160 but the exp is just around the same as you get in a normal 150-160 cave.

I am going to try power through it and get to the 160+ area but i thought i would mention it as its definitely not correct.

We are both on rested + exp potion.

You are right there is two sets of mobs in there so it might be that you need to go deeper for the higher XP mobs

Happy to compare with with the mobs you are referring to if you say exactly what/where they are

Always check the level of the mobs. When you are 10 levels above a mob you start getting reduction in exp from it, on a sliding scale until you reach the minimum exp (95% reduction) at 20 levels above mob level

Many caves have harder and higher level mobs when you go to deeper floors. Quite a common thing on here and in most Mir servers

Sorry for the late reply, ended up getting a bit demotivated with the event so wasn't on much. I made it to the 160+ area and noticed the exact same issues with mobs giving low exp. The mobs in the first floor of the event are all around 160-170 from what I've seen and they are pretty much giving the same exp as I get when I press H and go to the recommended caves.

Also the mob density is really low in a lot of places n the cave, sometimes you will come across a nice batch of mobs but then it can be empty again for awhile with just a couple of red dots to be seen on the minimap. At first at thought it was due to the amount of people hunting there but a lot of the time I dont even see other players in that area as I guess most are in the 180+ zone.

One more thing I noticed is that in the GG private caves the drops seem to differ from the higher caves. I am paying the same 30gg per cave my friend is paying but he is getting perfect gems and I am getting Pure gems. From a £ perspective its the same but one of us is being shafted.

Sorry for the late reply, ended up getting a bit demotivated with the event so wasn't on much. I made it to the 160+ area and noticed the exact same issues with mobs giving low exp. The mobs in the first floor of the event are all around 160-170 from what I've seen and they are pretty much giving the same exp as I get when I press H and go to the recommended caves.

Also the mob density is really low in a lot of places n the cave, sometimes you will come across a nice batch of mobs but then it can be empty again for awhile with just a couple of red dots to be seen on the minimap. At first at thought it was due to the amount of people hunting there but a lot of the time I dont even see other players in that area as I guess most are in the 180+ zone.

One more thing I noticed is that in the GG private caves the drops seem to differ from the higher caves. I am paying the same 30gg per cave my friend is paying but he is getting perfect gems and I am getting Pure gems. From a £ perspective its the same but one of us is being shafted.
They aren't meant to be ridiculously high XP, they are just like the mobs at hunting areas, but there are more of them, they drop great stuff (I'm currently lvl 146 and getting great drops around lvl 158 items) but the mobs are much easier to kill so I'm going through them faster. This isn't meant to be like a massive quick way to get to level 200. It's meant to be fun, something different and get cool stuff. On top of that, the quests are kinda fun and give you 100m XP boost (50m each) and it's my understanding that the higher levels either get different quests or more? Unsure. But when the event started, within an hour or 2 I got my 100m boost which was huge.

I think people often forget that it's just a game and it's meant to be fun. Play it for what it is rather than complaining about what it's not. If the mob density was much higher, people would be struggling and not able to level properly unless they are ridiculously kitted up. As it is, I can't really do any of the GG caves on my Wiz because it dies almost instantly and the leveled up pets are gone within a minute or 2, with no way to heal them. My warrior is fine for 5 or so minutes, until I have 2 or 3 red mobs attacking me at same time and I can't pot faster than they kill me.

There are pros and cons to everything, maybe try see the fun side? If you do find the event really crap, the rest of the game is still playable as normal.

They aren't meant to be ridiculously high XP, they are just like the mobs at hunting areas, but there are more of them, they drop great stuff (I'm currently lvl 146 and getting great drops around lvl 158 items) but the mobs are much easier to kill so I'm going through them faster. This isn't meant to be like a massive quick way to get to level 200. It's meant to be fun, something different and get cool stuff. On top of that, the quests are kinda fun and give you 100m XP boost (50m each) and it's my understanding that the higher levels either get different quests or more? Unsure. But when the event started, within an hour or 2 I got my 100m boost which was huge.

I think people often forget that it's just a game and it's meant to be fun. Play it for what it is rather than complaining about what it's not. If the mob density was much higher, people would be struggling and not able to level properly unless they are ridiculously kitted up. As it is, I can't really do any of the GG caves on my Wiz because it dies almost instantly and the leveled up pets are gone within a minute or 2, with no way to heal them. My warrior is fine for 5 or so minutes, until I have 2 or 3 red mobs attacking me at same time and I can't pot faster than they kill me.

There are pros and cons to everything, maybe try see the fun side? If you do find the event really crap, the rest of the game is still playable as normal.
It's definitely swings and roundabouts. I've actually had more fun this event playing on some of my low level characters, with average/shop kit because it's a more interesting challenge.

Taking a level 145 character with basic level 130 kit that I found lying around on the floor into 30gg private caves gave me the challenging gameplay I crave. Also been soloing the bosses (glaurung and baalram) in the 0-140 cave quite easily on my 140 tao.

The problem we have is managing the gulf in difficulty. Things need to be possible in completely basic kit with zero upgrades or yeu get new players complaining that they need to spend money to get good enough kit to participate. But then it's too easy for the many players (and there are a LOT of them) who have invested heavily in kit to the point that the game is too easy.

Doing the top level content is completely unstimulating for anyone in the top 100 with above average kit because it can all be done in your sleep. But if GM makes it harder to maintain engagement and keep the top people spending, you're back full circle to people who have been playing five minutes unhappy that they get wrecked when trying to compete

Oh no…. Another zade!

Back