My opinion about last 2 events | The Legend of Mir

My opinion about last 2 events

harris

Newby
Sorry for the late post, i think it's in constructive direction....
Last month we had the new (well improved imo) version of Skull Island with a nice final prize for newcoming ingame people, if they had the chance to finish it. That was impossible without help from some of us who already had main high level characters and new how to fight HellFly and kill Evil Mir, not mentioning the rejuvenation helmet part of quest which was a nightmare and big dissapointment for most ppl to accomplish.
And then without any obvious, imo, reason, the Legs and Webs event coming up to give the last hit and bringing confusion on which event would players prefer to do. The part of special rewards to those have higher perclass stats and more kills in all was nowhere at the event advertisment mentioned, main boss totaly camped if pops on same spot was a joke (no offense players or GMs) how hard would be to have a chance for everyone to fight at least once the boss, and if you like to please PVP ppl make that spawn on random place e.g.
Since the private caves were level related why not the caves til lvl 185 get the weaver items and the 185+ ones get the OrbWeaver items (chance to use legs and eyes to upgrade the weaver items should be an option still).
Personaly at last day we had access in private caves, strugled myself to gather legs and eyes needed to upgrade a helmet, had to just pop in 30gg private caves killing the "eggs" and leaving all mobs reds/blues and boss intact and i didnt get the eyes i needed.
All in all i respect the attempt to make event more challenging but the fact of them 2 introduced almost simultaniously left me with a dissapointing impression.
Thanks GMs for the effort, maybe my comments will help upcoming events!!!

As a new player I enjoyed the event, I can sympathise with some of your points. I got nowhere near completion firstly.

Secondly, catering for high level and low to medium is a difficult task. I think that’s what this server struggles with mostly. Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying it but I have no chance of ever killing a boss or sub boss. The event was similar at a point.

It would be nice to see all levels able to have gained decent drops as opposed to the higher levels blocking this for new players or other players in general.

My biggest complaint is I had no chance to get any kit for progression without buying or begging. I don’t have a high level alt and I don’t have a guild.

When considering the next event it would be nice for some things to be truly random.

So there’s different brackets and level instances for the caves, lower levels could hunt in peace nps.

I do feel what you’re saying about kit though. I would like to see op event kit that breaks after 30 days. Make it not massively challenging to acquire. In effect it would “level the playing field” some what giving people more of a chance when it came to big pk, wars, or taking on end game bosses

Good feedback, here's my thoughts

And then without any obvious, imo, reason, the Legs and Webs event coming up to give the last hit and bringing confusion on which event would players prefer to do.
I thought the idea was to encourage new players. New people do skull island, established players do legs and webs. If an established player wanted to do both there was more than enough time to complete skull before legs and webs started

The part of special rewards to those have higher perclass stats and more kills in all was nowhere at the event advertisment mentioned
I might be biased, but I liked that bit haha. GM did say it was a last minute addition and he only decided to add it the morning of the event, by which time the ads had already gone out

main boss totaly camped if pops on same spot was a joke (no offense players or GMs) how hard would be to have a chance for everyone to fight at least once the boss, and if you like to please PVP ppl make that spawn on random place
I definitely agree that boss could have been a better system. I believe GM set it up that way based on feedback from previous events, but it went too far the other way and a rethink is probably needed

Since the private caves were level related why not the caves til lvl 185 get the weaver items and the 185+ ones get the OrbWeaver items (chance to use legs and eyes to upgrade the weaver items should be an option still).
Personaly at last day we had access in private caves, strugled myself to gather legs and eyes needed to upgrade a helmet, had to just pop in 30gg private caves killing the "eggs" and leaving all mobs reds/blues and boss intact and i didnt get the eyes i needed.
Maybe an option to buy legs and webs with demon souls or loyalty points could go some way to alleviate that issue, just an idea. Maybe GM will think of something else. I did really like the dynamic of collecting the an exchanging for crystals or upgrades. Really cool idea, but agree it needs some fine tuning

Thanks GMs for the effort, maybe my comments will help upcoming events!!!
Ditto this! 😍

Secondly, catering for high level and low to medium is a difficult task. I think that’s what this server struggles with mostly. Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying it but I have no chance of ever killing a boss or sub boss. The event was similar at a point.
That is a very difficult balance to make, as you've noticed. GM does take feedback into account and is known to make tweaks, so if there's anything specific you're struggling with please post as much detail as you can, that will mean better chance of an improvement being made

It would be nice to see all levels able to have gained decent drops as opposed to the higher levels blocking this for new players or other players in general.
The caves are split up so you can only get into areas that are for your level. Interested to hear feedback on which bosses you struggled to find/kill. Will be useful to know as GM can make changes if he has specifics. The main boss that was only possible for certain groups was in the 195+ area

My biggest complaint is I had no chance to get any kit for progression without buying or begging. I don’t have a high level alt and I don’t have a guild.
That was the goal behind skull island, loads of kit and books drop there so it gives new players a chance to sort themselves out. I think the notice needs to be clearer than when you leave and go to main game, the drop rates will be a lot lower, so stock up on what you need before leaving skull! Is there anything you're still struggling to find? Maybe I can help

Good feedback, here's my thoughts

I thought the idea was to encourage new players. New people do skull island, established players do legs and webs. If an established player wanted to do both there was more than enough time to complete skull before legs and webs started

I might be biased, but I liked that bit haha. GM did say it was a last minute addition and he only decided to add it the morning of the event, by which time the ads had already gone out

I definitely agree that boss could have been a better system. I believe GM set it up that way based on feedback from previous events, but it went too far the other way and a rethink is probably needed

Maybe an option to buy legs and webs with demon souls or loyalty points could go some way to alleviate that issue, just an idea. Maybe GM will think of something else. I did really like the dynamic of collecting the an exchanging for crystals or upgrades. Really cool idea, but agree it needs some fine tuning

Ditto this! 😍

That is a very difficult balance to make, as you've noticed. GM does take feedback into account and is known to make tweaks, so if there's anything specific you're struggling with please post as much detail as you can, that will mean better chance of an improvement being made

The caves are split up so you can only get into areas that are for your level. Interested to hear feedback on which bosses you struggled to find/kill. Will be useful to know as GM can make changes if he has specifics. The main boss that was only possible for certain groups was in the 195+ area

That was the goal behind skull island, loads of kit and books drop there so it gives new players a chance to sort themselves out. I think the notice needs to be clearer than when you leave and go to main game, the drop rates will be a lot lower, so stock up on what you need before leaving skull! Is there anything you're still struggling to find? Maybe I can help

I quoted the whole as I’m on mobile but my parts - I joined during skull island and didn’t fully understand it either. Maybe. There was a few bosses where I struggle yet the mobs are fine (same in main).

I appreciate that balance is hard to achieve especially in a mature server age economy. Books are one of the toughest for me, missing many skills still.

That aside my kit now isn’t awful, thanks to some GG and a lot of generosity from danger. But I struggle with hunting for the next kit up or even getting money together - by the time I get pots and repair I lose money most hunts.

I think for me as said the event was generally good, as a first time player with no alt. But I find the server very tough to find people who would like to go hunt with you or help with some levels. (Solo can be boring).

I wonder if a future event could have a random matchmaking, where those interested go in to a pool and at random the groups are allocated to caves to hunt or something.

I quoted the whole as I’m on mobile but my parts - I joined during skull island and didn’t fully understand it either. Maybe. There was a few bosses where I struggle yet the mobs are fine (same in main).

I appreciate that balance is hard to achieve especially in a mature server age economy. Books are one of the toughest for me, missing many skills still.

That aside my kit now isn’t awful, thanks to some GG and a lot of generosity from danger. But I struggle with hunting for the next kit up or even getting money together - by the time I get pots and repair I lose money most hunts.

I think for me as said the event was generally good, as a first time player with no alt. But I find the server very tough to find people who would like to go hunt with you or help with some levels. (Solo can be boring).

I wonder if a future event could have a random matchmaking, where those interested go in to a pool and at random the groups are allocated to caves to hunt or something.

I agree there is not many group hunts nowadays, I was only just saying this yesterday, even at 189 I can spend an hour (ish) in a cave and never bump into anybody to just group up with and chop some mobs & chat. I'm not sure what GM intervention would look like because I see that as more of a community issue rather than a server one. Just like when people was saying the PK was dead, it was the community that took action which changed that, too.

I do think we have too much toxicity for new players & big group hunts to thrive, some people can't even walk past somebody levelling. The one person I did see was in Shadow ZT and called CarryMe, this player decided to recall a full group to PK me, I don't even know them. That behaviour is a community issue. I have seen plenty of rival guild players levelling in years gone by and simply just typed 'lo' when hunting, and been fine to continue going about my own business.

I agree there is not many group hunts nowadays, I was only just saying this yesterday, even at 189 I can spend an hour (ish) in a cave and never bump into anybody to just group up with and chop some mobs & chat. I'm not sure what GM intervention would look like because I see that as more of a community issue rather than a server one. Just like when people was saying the PK was dead, it was the community that took action which changed that, too.

I do think we have too much toxicity for new players to thrive, some people can't even walk past somebody levelling, I did see one person in Shadow ZT, CarryMe, decided to recall a full group onto me. That behaviour is a community issue, I have seen plenty of rival guilds levelling in years gone by and simply just typed 'lo' when hunting, and been fine to continue going about my own business.
Yeah I understand that issue of PK and toxicity. Always been a particularly bad thing in Mir. Recall kit was never accessible enough to allow that sort of behaviour though.

I spend time in lower level caves and it’s only ever me. So I couldn’t ask for help for a boss or sub boss even if I wanted to. I bumped in to the NagaBrute. It basically 2 tapped me. But nobody is going to want to come kill it.

I think it’s problematic so many players are 180+ and basically just hunt bosses or war.

I don’t have the solution, but wonder if there’s something that could be done to incentivise group hunts or to bring some community together.

It’s always tough for new players in such mature servers. Allowing them the ability to grow and develop whilst also keeping the mature player base happy. But if you can’t make it fun and retain new players it’ll go stale.

I was pretty bored and fed up, trying to level and then someone gave me a bit of kit a couple of levels above so it motivate me at that point. But ploughing the lone furrow in the caves and not able to tackle the sub boss even is getting tough.

Maybe my perspective is skewed, but it is what it is, here's how I see it

Group hunting in public caves used to be common, but the server was ravaged by incessant pk who made it their mission to ruin the fun for others

Even when there was no benefit to them, they'd just pk for the sake of it, getting joy from annoying anyone and everyone

The solution implemented by GM was a gradual move towards private and instanced caves, the various demon soul caves, the RDD/BDP, epic guild caves etc., where guilds can hunt together in peace

That has worked well for the majority, mostly established players, but it does leave a gap for newer players until they "catch up"

I believe the solution is to bring more engaging and interesting mid level content. There is some excellent discussion and feedback for reforming the quests, here are my suggestions https://www.thelegendofmir.com/forum/threads/farmer-quests.47638/#post-514216

I think things like that would give newer players some more stepped goals to help them keep going through the slower mid levels until they get into a position to fight alongside older characters

Yeah I understand that issue of PK and toxicity. Always been a particularly bad thing in Mir. Recall kit was never accessible enough to allow that sort of behaviour though.

I spend time in lower level caves and it’s only ever me. So I couldn’t ask for help for a boss or sub boss even if I wanted to. I bumped in to the NagaBrute. It basically 2 tapped me. But nobody is going to want to come kill it.

I think it’s problematic so many players are 180+ and basically just hunt bosses or war.

I don’t have the solution, but wonder if there’s something that could be done to incentivise group hunts or to bring some community together.

It’s always tough for new players in such mature servers. Allowing them the ability to grow and develop whilst also keeping the mature player base happy. But if you can’t make it fun and retain new players it’ll go stale.

I was pretty bored and fed up, trying to level and then someone gave me a bit of kit a couple of levels above so it motivate me at that point. But ploughing the lone furrow in the caves and not able to tackle the sub boss even is getting tough.
Yep, I completely get all that. It's such a difficult one, even lack of players is a community issue. Any tweak around there could be game breaking.. I'd love to see lower content condensed and basically put blinkers on the player until they are spat out at 160 or something with directions to CrystallineTemple/TempleOfAncients/Naga GP. Something a bit like Skull Island but revamped from BorderTown and everything that isn't used just remove it entirely and use the extra space in the server to add more mobs.

Yeah for sure it’s a catch 22 trying to balance everything. On the whole for me the server is good. I am enjoying it, and as said there’s a lot of probable ‘community’ type issues.

I’m not adverse to a bit of a grind. The event felt like the pacing to levelling was great which was another plus point. Probably going off piste from OP a little, I just don’t have the answers which won’t help.

The quest side of it was great to be fair. I enjoyed that element and have enjoyed trying to complete the farmers quests.

I guess my frustrations just lie within general gameplay. There’s too much of a gap for mid to higher level when it comes to trying to level. I can survive well in naga dessert - though the sub boss 2 shots me - maybe these need looked at in terms of their damage versus those who would typically hunt those caves. The event did let me experience many bosses which was also great.

It’s the conundrum of the events. Pleasing everyone. The staple high level guys and giving them something to go for without increasing the gap from poor to rich and mid level to high.

None of my points are complaining in case they’re seen that way, just enjoying the server and want to continue to enjoy.

There is another bank Holiday event this coming weekend. Not sure what it will be, but expect an announcement. Maybe after reading this he will stick some extra drops and exp on to give you that little push! Probably some extra spawns for the higher level guys, simple stuff like that always pleases everyone!

There is another bank Holiday event this coming weekend. Not sure what it will be, but expect an announcement. Maybe after reading this he will stick some extra drops and exp on to give you that little push! Probably some extra spawns for the higher level guys, simple stuff like that always pleases everyone!
For sure, though I can never play weekends.

I wonder if for those that can’t make timed events if an event could have an entry and specific timed whatever that lets the player do their stuff during that time - though be more complex in groups.

IMO the mid levels are too long, items just get sold as no point even making ess and des. No real bosses worth killing. The leveling in Naga GP is good, getting there without a tele ring is a complete pain but once there the size and spawns make it good fun leveling But after that, around 170-172 it gets a bit of a joke, your light years from end game content, can barely make any GG and it’s a complete grind far too early for casual players. This is obviously just my own opinion.

New GG cave for level 175-190ish I think is the way forward to help this mid sticky spot. Lots of mobs, give the casuals a chance to catch whilst level caps are held.

I think this is why most other games have a level cap and becomes pretty easy to hit. As how can you possibly cater for both a casual 5 hour a week player vs a 5 hour a day player. It’s crazy. The gap becomes far too large.

IMO the mid levels are too long, items just get sold as no point even making ess and des. No real bosses worth killing. The leveling in Naga GP is good, getting there without a tele ring is a complete pain but once there the size and spawns make it good fun leveling But after that, around 170-172 it gets a bit of a joke, your light years from end game content, can barely make any GG and it’s a complete grind far too early for casual players. This is obviously just my own opinion.

New GG cave for level 175-190ish I think is the way forward to help this mid sticky spot. Lots of mobs, give the casuals a chance to catch whilst level caps are held.

I think this is why most other games have a level cap and becomes pretty easy to hit. As how can you possibly cater for both a casual 5 hour a week player vs a 5 hour a day player. It’s crazy. The gap becomes far too large.
Tried bug cave and ZT? When I was around those levels I enjoyed levelling in ZT maze

Agreed. I’ve found 125ish onwards super boring. It’s so hard to find someone to hunt with. In the caves I can survive the sub boss wrecks me.

I don’t know how I’ll get kitted out next level without having to spend real cash. Drops don’t make me enough money.

I think there’s so many 175+ that this stage is hard for newcomers.

Tried bug cave and ZT? When I was around those levels I enjoyed levelling in ZT maze
Bug cave is good on my wiz. Warrior is a lot more challenging but that’ll soon be fine.

On my wiz I was in there around level 170ish and as far as I’m aware it’s still the best place for me at 185 with a lot of exp loss on mob level.

Just seems a little bit too harsh a grind. Considering you’re a long way from the pack.
For a lot of casual people if your level 185 and your doing maybe 10-20 percent a week. That’s kind of what I would have expected as maybe 195. But I also understand that GM will have to cater to the hardcore players at the same time.

I enjoyed going from Naga GP to Orc GP at lvl 171. Was great fun and challenging at first. Each lvl was easier than the last as those mage orcs weren’t hitting me as hard.

Back