Idea to enhance RDD/BDP | The Legend of Mir

Idea to enhance RDD/BDP

zad48231

Leading Contributor
Since these places are mostly used to farm elysian ores these days, I think it would be nice to introduce more of a challenge again. They were made more difficult quite a while back now, but just continually making places more difficult to please the higher levels comes with it's own issues, as that makes places inaccessible to lower levels, as evidenced by the changes in Yimoogi etc.

So I've been trying to think of ways to please both camps, and I may have stumbled upon something that will also encourage group hunting.

When you go in you start with a 3 hour timer, and that's no longer a challenge, decent groups complete the whole thing with loads of time to spare and the bosses don't pose any real threat. So how about just buffing the main boss in each KR based on how much time is left?

For every 15 mins that is remaining when you enter KR the boss goes up a level (both difficulty and drops!)

So if you enter KR with less than 15 mins remaining, you get the boss exactly as it is now
if you enter KR with between 15-30 mins remaining you get a level 2 boss
30-45 mins remaining gets you a level 3 boss
45-60 mins remaining gets you a level 4 boss
etc. all the up to level 8 boss if you get in KR with 2 hours remaining, this is unlikely to ever be achieved so gives us something to aim for to get better drops as a reward for clearing the earlier maps efficiently, but still leaves the place effectively unchanged for lower levels who like it as it is

Since these places are mostly used to farm elysian ores these days, I think it would be nice to introduce more of a challenge again. They were made more difficult quite a while back now, but just continually making places more difficult to please the higher levels comes with it's own issues, as that makes places inaccessible to lower levels, as evidenced by the changes in Yimoogi etc.

So I've been trying to think of ways to please both camps, and I may have stumbled upon something that will also encourage group hunting.

When you go in you start with a 3 hour timer, and that's no longer a challenge, decent groups complete the whole thing with loads of time to spare and the bosses don't pose any real threat. So how about just buffing the main boss in each KR based on how much time is left?

For every 15 mins that is remaining when you enter KR the boss goes up a level (both difficulty and drops!)

So if you enter KR with less than 15 mins remaining, you get the boss exactly as it is now
if you enter KR with between 15-30 mins remaining you get a level 2 boss
30-45 mins remaining gets you a level 3 boss
45-60 mins remaining gets you a level 4 boss
etc. all the up to level 8 boss if you get in KR with 2 hours remaining, this is unlikely to ever be achieved so gives us something to aim for to get better drops as a reward for clearing the earlier maps efficiently, but still leaves the place effectively unchanged for lower levels who like it as it is
Mnay small guilds cant even complete at the level now due to unlucky spawns lack of numbers etc to much trash on floor , but i like the idea though .
1 thing would make it more vaible for small guilds would be mode level medium hard etc rewards reflect this but least the main quest items from last bosses be more accesbale ......

There's like 2 or 3 guilds who can complete BDP, 95% of people can't and 99% of people have never killed the final boss.

Ores are a huge problem in this game and it's unfair to players who don't have access to top guilds or friends etc - make something solo so at least all can compete, in my opinion. Guild caves just get exploited by the top players with connections, let everyone compete on a level playing field in my opinion.

Something that further widens that gap between the average player and a well connected top player I'm totally against. Well connected players end up getting even more of an advantage appears to be what you are asking?

Last edited:
There's like 2 or 3 guilds who can complete BDP, 95% of people can't and 99% of people have never killed the final boss.

Ores are a huge problem in this game and it's unfair to players who don't have access to top guilds or friends etc - make something solo so at least all can compete, in my opinion. Guild caves just get exploited by the top players with connections, let everyone compete on a level playing field in my opinion.

Something that further widens that gap between the average player and a well connected top player I'm totally against. Well connected players end up getting even more of an advantage appears to be what you are asking?
Creating more of a gap is not the goal at all

The goal is to give people who have done everything, something new to do

Usually when a cave is too easy and gets an upgrade to be more challenging, it leaves the place completely inaccessible to lower levels. I'm offering a suggestion that reduces that effect

Would you prefer they just did what they did before and make the entire place harder?

Depends on who you are asking?

New player, stay the same tbh or they miss out as it will take the same time as it did you for 5 years.

Top player, improve because they already OP and times reduced. GM has it spot on aside from ELYSIAN ORE - huge problem said it 20 times but have confidence it will be listened too.

Need to find balance and I don't think guild caves are the way to do it, again, rewards top players (who don't need as much help) more than lower players (who do).

Michael Jackson is an actual legend by the way.. HE HEE

literally everyone on the server is 200 lol or at least 195-200 focus more on bringing in new players imo, don't give incentive and more OP rewards for top players #unpopular opinion# make the game great again.

ALSO michael jackson is a legend he fucking heeeeeeeeeee

So your solution is to make things harder for higher levels without offering any benefits. Why would anyone want to level up?

Currently we have 8 people in our guild who cant even complete 1st upgrade for Elsyian armour or weapon we just dont have the resources to get that much ore to be fair each week , the old Guild caves were much better as we used to know that we get 8-10 each trip so we let 1 person make upgrade then the next etc once all had done 1st upgrade we then roll for the next person to do 2nd upgrade , we worked as a guild often letting tanks complete ahead of others .
Now its near on impossible for us to do this the worse thing is people who dont have Ely gear to up grade get them more as unseen drops than those who need its kinda a double kick in the balls for those who trying for upgrades ......
had somne even sell there hard earnt ely armour etc in pure fustration and never being able to complete within 2 years .....

e.g
Joe Bloggs from a small guild hunts 2 epics a week maybe 1 bdp most likely if luck get 3 ores most cases 1 thats 27 weeks for 1st upgrade then 83 weeks for 2nd upgrade

so if he she starts today ----- he or she would complete 1 full upgrade on Wednesday, May 27, 2026 if luck on his her side maybe ealier but its nonsense atm with ores ............................

Sometimes reading these posts makes me glad I level up slowly doesn't seem much fun at the higher levels

Currently we have 8 people in our guild who cant even complete 1st upgrade for Elsyian armour or weapon we just dont have the resources to get that much ore to be fair each week , the old Guild caves were much better as we used to know that we get 8-10 each trip so we let 1 person make upgrade then the next etc once all had done 1st upgrade we then roll for the next person to do 2nd upgrade , we worked as a guild often letting tanks complete ahead of others .
Now its near on impossible for us to do this the worse thing is people who dont have Ely gear to up grade get them more as unseen drops than those who need its kinda a double kick in the balls for those who trying for upgrades ......
had somne even sell there hard earnt ely armour etc in pure fustration and never being able to complete within 2 years .....

e.g
Joe Bloggs from a small guild hunts 2 epics a week maybe 1 bdp most likely if luck get 3 ores most cases 1 thats 27 weeks for 1st upgrade then 83 weeks for 2nd upgrade

so if he she starts today ----- he or she would complete 1 full upgrade on Wednesday, May 27, 2026 if luck on his her side maybe ealier but its nonsense atm with ores ............................
For EpicCaves, we get on average 1 ore per person per hunt. The regular drops are low but if you clear enough you get a good chance of finding a hidden one. Are you sure people aren't just missing them? If you do 2 hunts per week that's 2 ores per week per person, so in 14 weeks the whole guild has enough for a 1st upgrade, and in less than a year the whole guild has enough for 2nd upgrade, without even doing BDP or RDD.

Regarding BDP etc., a lot more ores drop in maze, we often get 12+ ores per hunt, and go to BDP at least 3-4 times a week. Usually can complete it in a team of 4 people, and can at least get to maze and get some ores in a team of 3. With larger teams we clear it so fast sometimes we will do it twice back to back.

I'm not saying that to "show off", I'm saying it to ask the question why you can't do the same. I've seen your kit, it's every bit as good as mine and you have multiple very high level and well kitted members in your guild.

It sounds like you just aren't as active, if you aren't doing the hunts and finishing things, you can't reasonably expect to get the rewards.

For EpicCaves, we get on average 1 ore per person per hunt. The regular drops are low but if you clear enough you get a good chance of finding a hidden one. Are you sure people aren't just missing them? If you do 2 hunts per week that's 2 ores per week per person, so in 14 weeks the whole guild has enough for a 1st upgrade, and in less than a year the whole guild has enough for 2nd upgrade, without even doing BDP or RDD.

Regarding BDP etc., a lot more ores drop in maze, we often get 12+ ores per hunt, and go to BDP at least 3-4 times a week. Usually can complete it in a team of 4 people, and can at least get to maze and get some ores in a team of 3. With larger teams we clear it so fast sometimes we will do it twice back to back.

I'm not saying that to "show off", I'm saying it to ask the question why you can't do the same. I've seen your kit, it's every bit as good as mine and you have multiple very high level and well kitted members in your guild.

It sounds like you just aren't as active, if you aren't doing the hunts and finishing things, you can't reasonably expect to get the rewards.
TheLegends has never been an efficient guild. It's more of a slow and steady type of guild.

Players mentality is different there, I think they kill one mob and then hold a vigil in its memory

problem is quantity of players doing it , we have lot mebers who work shifts or time zones to get all on same time with summer now even worse as all guilds feel it .... say like 7 people do it 3-4 geared players rest not so it takes so long to kill stuff now as we travel as a group due to lower levels , before higher levels would locate the subs and the others tele to it ....etc , during xmas I started an epic and went in solo just as a test as no one wanted a epic , I managed to get a ore or 2 but was tough going on mines map due to narrow alleys and pets getting stuck so i know they do drop but not as easy as people say , I am wondering if there is a sweet spot on numbers of players on map now to stop farming like before ,
I can whole heartly say with hand on heart we have never had a new epic hunt where all participants have collected 1 ore each , once 1 person got 3 hidden 1s .......................

problem is quantity of players doing it , we have lot mebers who work shifts or time zones to get all on same time with summer now even worse as all guilds feel it .... say like 7 people do it 3-4 geared players rest not so it takes so long to kill stuff now as we travel as a group due to lower levels , before higher levels would locate the subs and the others tele to it ....etc , during xmas I started an epic and went in solo just as a test as no one wanted a epic , I managed to get a ore or 2 but was tough going on mines map due to narrow alleys and pets getting stuck so i know they do drop but not as easy as people say , I am wondering if there is a sweet spot on numbers of players on map now to stop farming like before ,
I can whole heartly say with hand on heart we have never had a new epic hunt where all participants have collected 1 ore each , once 1 person got 3 hidden 1s .......................
The amount of ores dropping is related to how many mobs are killed. Gimme a shout if you're doing one and are low on numbers I'd be happy to temporarily stick a char in guild to help you out with it

The amount of ores dropping is related to how many mobs are killed. Gimme a shout if you're doing one and are low on numbers I'd be happy to temporarily stick a char in guild to help you out with it
Cheers with summer here may defo take you up on that ..

How difficult would it be to program a “Searching for Group Icon” where you can see people that are on and wanting to go to a certain Cave/Dungeon? Perhaps sort out groups by “kit points and level” to sort out eligibility? Perhaps impliment it during summer times between event so people don’t have to be of a certain lvl/kit in a top guild to go to certain places?

But this could perhaps be exploited.

How difficult would it be to program a “Searching for Group Icon” where you can see people that are on and wanting to go to a certain Cave/Dungeon? Perhaps sort out groups by “kit points and level” to sort out eligibility? Perhaps impliment it during summer times between event so people don’t have to be of a certain lvl/kit in a top guild to go to certain places?

But this could perhaps be exploited.
yeh unfortunatly it would you get people just turn up to loot drop at the end then tele , maybe only happen the once but still without a Raid Leader type function in game be hard to implement....................

Perhaps once the group is locked and map started, no new entrants?
Getting people organised for a group hunt can be like herding cats sometimes.

A few times I've tried opening up hunts to anyone and it just turns into complete chaos and a full group of 20 people doing absolutely nothing. Not worth the hassle

Back