The Legend of Mir Exchange - The Free Legend of Mir2

Thread: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    170

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownAngel View Post
    One full dura pot in any cave is enough to make you hate it isn't it haha.
    I'm currently in Halls of Agony and been here for the last few lvls, it is pure agony to have to keep going in there, most boring cave with the most boring mobs ever!
    I would love the opportunity to have drained a dura or exp pot but with the higher caves you can guarentee someone will try and pk so no point

  2. #22

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by Dall View Post
    Without non drop items the server will die. At lower levels hunting is great, PK'ing exists but there are plenty of places to go and groups to go hunting with so you have options, the higher you get these are so much less.

    In the 180's it's the same few maps, the same players and nowhere to just crack on and get some exp without someone trying to pk you so no point...

    I'm literally at the point of saying fuck it to the server as to get any level of exp need to hunt a decent amount of time but with the same few solo maps being worthwile you can't get stuck into a decent solo hunt without someone pk'ing you. If I had a decent non drop kit I may still be tempted to try and hunt but as it is...

    Need some decent PVE maps...
    Here is one good reason for it non see drops to exsist , means you can build a 2nd kit go level in it and if pked stand a chance to get your gear back .

    I dont want to go off topic but since the introduction of rdd and bdp hard mode there really hasnt been anywhere a group of mates can go for few hours to chill with out the hassle of pk or some daft red spawning to rush the whole server to your leveling spot .
    I like dal was on verge of saying feck it and leave the server after the introduction of hard mode rdd etc as felt bored nothing to do when not in a exp grinding mode , thought a little outside the box and started new kit now i go where i want and dont bother much if pked , yep its annoying but hey ho least i know they get nothing from me except what i picked up that hunt .......

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingkongen View Post
    You seems to realy miss the hole point of thread. Everyone can and will build those kits now. It what happends after we other that you aim for now is wondering. Dont realy understand why you get so personaly defending about this or want take glory for something ? It has absolute 0 with thread to do.

    Gm- i want a giant snail arcmon
    No i dont miss the point at all , what your saying is the future is bleak if these sets are allowed to evolve , far from it it means any player over 150 can build a 2nd set to wear while lvling or at war or at pk that they stand a chance of not losing if killed via pk etc , I in fact would wish we had a "Sméagol" day once a year where single one of your Preciousey ! could be converted in hidden droppsieeee ........
    Like Zade and DS discussed wars need to mean something more now levels get higher kit gets more diverse etc , yet the rewards etc like the under caves remain the same.
    Personally i would love a non drop wars can wear your best kit and have fun each time , rewards need to looked at and tweaked and how or when wars can be submitted also attendance based % forfeits or decline a war ..... there many avenues to explore , just like exploring the non see drop items jst one way of others enjoying the game when normally they wouldn't take part .....

  3. #23
    Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    684

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by Gritt View Post
    Here is one good reason for it non see drops to exsist , means you can build a 2nd kit go level in it and if pked stand a chance to get your gear back .

    I dont want to go off topic but since the introduction of rdd and bdp hard mode there really hasnt been anywhere a group of mates can go for few hours to chill with out the hassle of pk or some daft red spawning to rush the whole server to your leveling spot .
    I like dal was on verge of saying feck it and leave the server after the introduction of hard mode rdd etc as felt bored nothing to do when not in a exp grinding mode , thought a little outside the box and started new kit now i go where i want and dont bother much if pked , yep its annoying but hey ho least i know they get nothing from me except what i picked up that hunt .......

    - - - Updated - - -



    No i dont miss the point at all , what your saying is the future is bleak if these sets are allowed to evolve , far from it it means any player over 150 can build a 2nd set to wear while lvling or at war or at pk that they stand a chance of not losing if killed via pk etc , I in fact would wish we had a "Sméagol" day once a year where single one of your Preciousey ! could be converted in hidden droppsieeee ........
    Like Zade and DS discussed wars need to mean something more now levels get higher kit gets more diverse etc , yet the rewards etc like the under caves remain the same.
    Personally i would love a non drop wars can wear your best kit and have fun each time , rewards need to looked at and tweaked and how or when wars can be submitted also attendance based % forfeits or decline a war ..... there many avenues to explore , just like exploring the non see drop items jst one way of others enjoying the game when normally they wouldn't take part .....
    Let’s do a trial.
    Make all war towns except sw non drop zones for a month.
    Sw still have body drops.
    Let’s monitor the attendance.
    Or how about

    Tristan holders get a defensive amulet to replace that ele damage amulet we get.
    Bichon holders get a offensive amulet
    Woomyin get a drop rate amulet
    Arcane get a magic find amulet
    Phoenix gets a exp rate amulet.

    Only can be used when you own that castle

    - - - Updated - - -

    Off topic but I’d love a massive massive quest involving all dungeons that uses mob kill count. Like 100k mobs in every cave a d the reward is a OP permanent amulet.

  4. #24
    Big Time Poster! zad48231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Heroesville
    Posts
    3,174

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by Gritt View Post
    Here is one good reason for it non see drops to exsist , means you can build a 2nd kit go level in it and if pked stand a chance to get your gear back .

    I dont want to go off topic but since the introduction of rdd and bdp hard mode there really hasnt been anywhere a group of mates can go for few hours to chill with out the hassle of pk or some daft red spawning to rush the whole server to your leveling spot .
    I like dal was on verge of saying feck it and leave the server after the introduction of hard mode rdd etc as felt bored nothing to do when not in a exp grinding mode , thought a little outside the box and started new kit now i go where i want and dont bother much if pked , yep its annoying but hey ho least i know they get nothing from me except what i picked up that hunt .......

    - - - Updated - - -



    No i dont miss the point at all , what your saying is the future is bleak if these sets are allowed to evolve , far from it it means any player over 150 can build a 2nd set to wear while lvling or at war or at pk that they stand a chance of not losing if killed via pk etc , I in fact would wish we had a "Sméagol" day once a year where single one of your Preciousey ! could be converted in hidden droppsieeee ........
    Like Zade and DS discussed wars need to mean something more now levels get higher kit gets more diverse etc , yet the rewards etc like the under caves remain the same.
    Personally i would love a non drop wars can wear your best kit and have fun each time , rewards need to looked at and tweaked and how or when wars can be submitted also attendance based % forfeits or decline a war ..... there many avenues to explore , just like exploring the non see drop items jst one way of others enjoying the game when normally they wouldn't take part .....
    So many good points there. I feel your pain about not being able to hunt anywhere. As a wiz your 3 choices are hunt in a safe zone map, get your pets stolen, or log out. I'm not too fussed about pk these days myself as I tend to build mostly defensive kit for that reason, just gone a different path to you but for similar reasons, mostly when some pk surprises me they will attack my pets first rather than me anyway. Ask Danielle how that feels I'm sure he knows lol

    Very much in support of forfeits relating to wars. Maybe if you declare war on a castle and fail to take it, you are blocked from declaring again on that castle for 2 weeks. That would maybe make people try a bit harder...

    I've got some ideas about more benefits of owning castles and look forward to discussing it, but I think that should be kept for a different thread as we are veering a little off topic on this one

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStyle View Post
    Off topic but I’d love a massive massive quest involving all dungeons that uses mob kill count. Like 100k mobs in every cave a d the reward is a OP permanent amulet.
    Me too I did ask about that like 3 years ago or something and Andy seemed against it, I've always assumed the chip collection upgrade quests were a replacement for that kind of thing, gets us grinding places. But yeah, more quests like that please!
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 176

    Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

    >> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish


    All personal insults in signatures will be reported

  5. #25
    Big Time Poster! deanouk23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Losing items is the risk you take in fighting. You have just as much chance of getting someone else's items as you do of losing yours. That's what makes pvp, what it is. This opens more doors to grief than problems it solves. As I've said one half decent kit and a bag of rev scrolls could quickly clear entire groups, with next to no risk.

    This quickly becomes a battle of who has the biggest GG balance gets the boss. Who can rev 500 times. Or show up at a boss in full bound kit, vs a player who can't afford it. That player literally has no choice but to tt as its highly unlikely they could kill you 5-10x without dieing.
    Nerd


  6. #26
    Big Time Poster! UnKnownAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,220

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by deanouk23 View Post
    Losing items is the risk you take in fighting. You have just as much chance of getting someone else's items as you do of losing yours. That's what makes pvp, what it is. This opens more doors to grief than problems it solves. As I've said one half decent kit and a bag of rev scrolls could quickly clear entire groups, with next to no risk.

    This quickly becomes a battle of who has the biggest GG balance gets the boss. Who can rev 500 times. Or show up at a boss in full bound kit, vs a player who can't afford it. That player literally has no choice but to tt as its highly unlikely they could kill you 5-10x without dieing.
    The way you put it is good really, we're talking about 10gg per rev scroll, when you have a bound kit on, against a group where at least one player could drop an armour worth 1000+ gg is a horse worth backing isn't it.
    The Legend of Mir

  7. #27

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by deanouk23 View Post
    Losing items is the risk you take in fighting. You have just as much chance of getting someone else's items as you do of losing yours. That's what makes pvp, what it is. This opens more doors to grief than problems it solves. As I've said one half decent kit and a bag of rev scrolls could quickly clear entire groups, with next to no risk.

    This quickly becomes a battle of who has the biggest GG balance gets the boss. Who can rev 500 times. Or show up at a boss in full bound kit, vs a player who can't afford it. That player literally has no choice but to tt as its highly unlikely they could kill you 5-10x without dieing.
    I see your point , however I like to point out I have lost no see drop gear due to many people at the res sight even if i did have unlimited gg to buy scrolls is the item worth that I would have to ask myself , also couldnt the same be said for any item bound or not bound , you the owner of said item would use rev scrolls to try and get either the item back or kill others there to get something back you dropped ....

    Maybe the answer lies in the rev scroll itself with a limited amount of uses over time .... well thats for another topic ...

  8. #28
    Big Time Poster! zad48231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Heroesville
    Posts
    3,174

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by Gritt View Post
    Maybe the answer lies in the rev scroll itself with a limited amount of uses over time .... well thats for another topic ...
    That was brought up before and I believe it was DarkStyle who strongly opposed the idea
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 176

    Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

    >> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish


    All personal insults in signatures will be reported

  9. #29
    Big Time Poster! deanouk23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by Gritt View Post
    I see your point , however I like to point out I have lost no see drop gear due to many people at the res sight even if i did have unlimited gg to buy scrolls is the item worth that I would have to ask myself , also couldnt the same be said for any item bound or not bound , you the owner of said item would use rev scrolls to try and get either the item back or kill others there to get something back you dropped ....

    Maybe the answer lies in the rev scroll itself with a limited amount of uses over time .... well thats for another topic ...
    Nah if you died and dropped, your less likely to risk more kit to recover 1 item if your in normal kit. If its 1v1 then potentially. You could rev to tab. But if there 3v1 very unlikely.

    In a 3v1 situation. The 1 being in bound kit and the 3 being in normal kit. Given enough rev scrolls the 1 would win. That's not right. Turns every battle into who has the most gg. Moving away from risk and reward to pay2win.

    As I've stated I have nearly a full kit. I will make it. It won't be fun.

    But we can debate this for years. Ultimately its down to scorp. I just post my opinion and feedback. Obviously opinions vary. I'll bet more than half your guild are against these items. As is most of ours.
    Nerd


  10. #30
    Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    684

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by deanouk23 View Post
    Nah if you died and dropped, your less likely to risk more kit to recover 1 item if your in normal kit. If its 1v1 then potentially. You could rev to tab. But if there 3v1 very unlikely.

    In a 3v1 situation. The 1 being in bound kit and the 3 being in normal kit. Given enough rev scrolls the 1 would win. That's not right. Turns every battle into who has the most gg. Moving away from risk and reward to pay2win.

    As I've stated I have nearly a full kit. I will make it. It won't be fun.

    But we can debate this for years. Ultimately its down to scorp. I just post my opinion and feedback. Obviously opinions vary. I'll bet more than half your guild are against these items. As is most of ours.
    Yea I don’t like them. Given the opportunity before hand I would of voted against them but they’re here and people have spent loads making them. The only way out of it now is to advance past them faster than we would of liked.

    - - - Updated - - -

    They also cost a fuck ton to slot and I’d rather save it for Elysian items which are way better.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also cave fights are extremely rare these days. I try to avoid it. The dps is way outta hand and warriors are way way to squishy we get 2 shotted still.

  11. #31
    Big Time Poster! deanouk23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStyle View Post
    Yea I don’t like them. Given the opportunity before hand I would of voted against them but they’re here and people have spent loads making them. The only way out of it now is to advance past them faster than we would of liked.

    - - - Updated - - -

    They also cost a fuck ton to slot and I’d rather save it for Elysian items which are way better.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also cave fights are extremely rare these days. I try to avoid it. The dps is way outta hand and warriors are way way to squishy we get 2 shotted still.
    As has been stated the res alone makes them a very viable option. Removing account band wouldn't be too drastic. They would remain very good item's.

    Warriors used to 1 hit each other, if you could bc someone they was dead. Its actually come away from that slightly. But for as long as I have been playing wars been the same. Able to 1 or 2 hit each other.

    I remember talking to a few people about this a while ago. Hp on all classes needs a buff. Blazing and flaming stacks 4x (2 on each) enough to kill someone in 2 seconds. Warriors suffer most because of that. Since the tao changes they don't suffer half as much as they used to.

    Increase hp decrease burst damage.

    The changes to tao buffs have helped overall, with removing a fair amount of res and hpr.

    But there's still a long road of changes needed. Sounds like I'm singling warriors out to decrease dps. But currently there dps doesn't affect wiz or tao in the way it does other warriors. So it's an easy way to increase survivability. Warrior fights are simply who lands the first hit 90% of the time. Wiz dps is pap unless you stand on them(or have pets) . Taos just burn you down with poison.

    Warrior survivability in pve has always been the same. Right the way back to leveling in paradise. 1 red welkin toad was enough to destroy you. That's why most people started stacking slow and ice. The 2 most important things for leveling. They massively reduce damage received. Since slow was introduced to holy freeze for taos. There's no looking back. Survivability increased 10 fold.

    Ultimately changes have to be made, they can't be full and final (added and left for 3 years). Something can be added and tested for 3 hours. Then we can reboot and remove it. Within a week you would have what you need to move forward. There's so many situations you can't replicate on test server with 2 people. As what arise from 20-30 people battling.

    Non drop is not the solution. Just creates bigger problems. You may avoid cave fights now. But 1 war or someone catches you at a boss and they have infinite health essentially. That will be no fun and will definitely piss you off. Because what are you supposed to do?
    Nerd


  12. #32

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    - - - Updated - - -

    They also cost a fuck ton to slot and I’d rather save it for Elysian items which are way better.

    Agreed but alas 95% of the server will not get to make or upgrade them for a very very very long time , as you know yourself the number of resources it takes to upgrade 1 item, if you got 10-15 people in a guild rolling for the mats to complete even 1 item its going to take forever, you been lucky as you started this way before any1 had much interest knowledge etc , you really do have great gear hats off to you for the insight and persistence you showed in making them , it is example of what can come in way of items at the highest level. High-end items come at a premium both in mats and cost to evolve them

  13. #33
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    115

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    save up for elysian items, then someone with a no drop kit comes along. you kill him twice fair enough 20gg later he kills you and you drop upgraded elysian brace with bez and guardian mythic. you gain 0 chance of getting anything apart from a lol. they get your brace for 20gg. so why would anyone be bothered in anything but bound items. in effect these new items have made everything else useless! - could do with abit of a comment from Andy/Warda to see what they think.

    just so i dont get flamed i have some very nice upgraded mythic account bound items and id prefer if they wasn't hidden drop! instead make them delete if you drop them. that way the risk is there for the op items! kind of like old RedMoonSword, but not 100% on death, just if you drop they delete instead of going on floor

  14. #34
    Big Time Poster! deanouk23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by Gritt View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

    They also cost a fuck ton to slot and I’d rather save it for Elysian items which are way better.

    Agreed but alas 95% of the server will not get to make or upgrade them for a very very very long time , as you know yourself the number of resources it takes to upgrade 1 item, if you got 10-15 people in a guild rolling for the mats to complete even 1 item its going to take forever, you been lucky as you started this way before any1 had much interest knowledge etc , you really do have great gear hats off to you for the insight and persistence you showed in making them , it is example of what can come in way of items at the highest level. High-end items come at a premium both in mats and cost to evolve them
    Took me a week to get a full kit bar armour.

    Upgrades are at a usable standard already. I have no need to mythic them. Because ill just p2w. by the time I have used the same gg in rev scrolls as what people pay to mythic them. I'd of won enough bosses or pked enough kit to benefit 10 fold.

    This is the bigger picture you don't see. Someone could run a very basic kit. So long as they throw scrolls down. The cannot lose a fight. If they die and you stand on there kit. They pwn you from a distance. When you have a yim doin 8-900 a tick and a wiz hitting you. your not standing there very long that's for sure.

    Fact being your bound kit could be pap. base kit with all dc/mc/sc 10 runes alone and 10 rev scrolls will win you any fight. True story.
    Nerd


  15. #35
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    158

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by zad48231 View Post
    I'm interested in playing Mir too, mostly pve, but we forced to spend our time every evening going to wars because you guys declare on us every single day, we should have something to gain from that wasted time
    Part and parcel of owning a castle. If you don't want to defend your castles then don't. You can't have it both ways, you gain by having castles, so defend them and stop crying a per usual.
    I don't care how hard you think you are. You are just pixels, nothing more.

  16. #36
    Big Time Poster! zad48231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Heroesville
    Posts
    3,174

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton0412 View Post
    Part and parcel of owning a castle. If you don't want to defend your castles then don't. You can't have it both ways, you gain by having castles, so defend them and stop crying a per usual.
    If enemy shows up I don't complain. I understand defending castles is part of owning it.

    What I'm complaining about is wars being declared every night just to keep us occupied while the enemy goes off killing bosses without any competition. That's just shady behaviour and there should be a mechanism to reduce it
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 176

    Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

    >> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish


    All personal insults in signatures will be reported

  17. #37
    Big Time Poster! deanouk23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by zad48231 View Post
    If enemy shows up I don't complain. I understand defending castles is part of owning it.

    What I'm complaining about is wars being declared every night just to keep us occupied while the enemy goes off killing bosses without any competition. That's just shady behaviour and there should be a mechanism to reduce it
    Karma! Remember how long you did this to us. I might make guilds just to war you every night haha.

    Pay backs a Taunton!!
    Nerd


  18. #38
    Big Time Poster! zad48231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Heroesville
    Posts
    3,174

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by deanouk23 View Post
    Karma! Remember how long you did this to us. I might make guilds just to war you every night haha.

    Pay backs a Taunton!!
    True, we even admitted it at the time. Warred every day for like 2 months and just counted who was online and only tried if we outnumbered you, it's a slimy tactic and now we're feeling it back haha

    Another tactic in the same boat is running into a castle on a naked noob and dying immediately and just lying on the floor for 5 minutes so you can see who's there and where the safe spots are. They only started doing that weeks after I started doing it.

    I guess immitation is the highest form of flattery, so I consider myself massively complimented :)
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 176

    Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

    >> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish


    All personal insults in signatures will be reported

  19. #39

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    I vote get rid of account bound it's boring.. is this even Legend if Mir? I think some people need to shift over to Habbo Hotel or stick to candy crush.. played this game since BETA Euro.. and it is definitely loosing its appeal personally, since it seems to be catering to these PVE, wet blankets.

    Your boring, and you're making the game we love boring.

    P.S zzzzzzzzz
    PopCorn 186+ Wizzard
    Chong 184+ Warrior
    Ella 185+ Taoist

  20. #40
    Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    911

    Re: What's the logic behind hidden drop items

    Quote Originally Posted by PopCornChongElla View Post
    I vote get rid of account bound it's boring.. is this even Legend if Mir? I think some people need to shift over to Habbo Hotel or stick to candy crush.. played this game since BETA Euro.. and it is definitely loosing its appeal personally, since it seems to be catering to these PVE, wet blankets.

    Your boring, and you're making the game we love boring.

    P.S zzzzzzzzz
    Kinda agree here, if you don’t want to risk kit then don’t go to war. These unique items have added stats already and can now be made mythic if u pay. Seems enough without having to make them acc bound / hidden drop view

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •