The Legend of Mir Exchange - The Free Legend of Mir2

Thread: Friend is continuously getting banned for no reason

Just Registered

Friend is continuously getting banned for no reason

Hey y'all! I've been playing Arcadia Mir 2 for a few weeks and a family member of mine decided to join up too, as we used to play euro mir 2 as kids together. He is playing on a Mac and is running a windows 10 VM in virtual box which seems to be working out great so far! Unfortunately, it seems he is continuously getting banned every couple of days, and has had to submit tickets to become unbanned. Is there a reason for this or something we can do so that we don't continue top run into this problem? Happy to discuss over DM's if needed. Thanks!

Re: Friend is continuously getting banned for no reason

has your friend tried some of the things in this thread?
    https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/thr...ing-Mir-on-Mac

Shadow wrote some good advice that might help fix the issue as I've seen a few people talk about this before

Just Registered

Appreciate the response! Sadly, that thread seems to have nothing to do with being banned while playing for no apparent reason. He was just unbanned, logged in on his wiz, and was immediately banned again within 3 minutes of logging in. This is less so about playing Mir on a Mac, and more so about the constant character/account suspension.

I’m guessing that it has something to do with a strange MAC address, or weird networking info coming over from the virtual machine since it’s using a vswitch to connect the VM to the bare metal machine but idk for sure.
    Last edited by floppywaffles; 15-01-2022 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Left out some info

Maybe the server doesn't like the programme he is using and it flags up and boots him off?
    This sounds like an automated ban, something has got to be flagging it up, so that thread might be useful for him to try run it through a different programme that has been proven to be accepted by the security on the server.
    The Legend of Mir

When you play in a VM (required to play on mac) the cpu timing is slightly out. It doesn't affect your gameplay, but it's enough for the game server to think you're using a speed hack, hence the automatic ban. It's been mentioned a few times on this forum but I can't remember if there was a workaround. I'll have a look and see if I can find any info on it

- - - Updated - - -

This thread maybe helpful
    https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/thr...nded-for-1-day
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 176

Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

>> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish

All personal insults in signatures will be reported