The Legend of Mir Exchange - The Free Legend of Mir2

Thread: New starter.

Just Registered

New starter.

Hello Iím a new starter to the game Iím a 130 warriors it took around 5 days I donít mind catching up or whatever no worries my only issue is I believe warriors take much damage even when I try build AC I canít rank anything and the other day I was 1 shot by a lvl 150 wizzies petÖ.. itís seems very much a wizard server they can mass kill and there pets are one shotting me I think warriors are in a poor place - also mob density in low end caves is absolute shocking Im running around ages struggling to find mobs!, I strongly urge you to up them, Iíll keep you posted as I go! I think DarkStyle has a point on his post.

Re: New starter.

As the server has grown there's been a lot of challenges in keeping balance, and most of the attention around that is given to the endgame / high levels, so there may be some issues with low levels such as you've experienced

Each class has its benefits and weaknesses and a big part of the game is working out what yours are.

Warriors are the fastest by far at killing 1v1, such as bosses and hard mobs, but can struggle in lures of mobs without some backup.

What most warriors focus on is hp regen rate and agility, you'll also want to try and work on skills that regen your hp (bloodlust/crosshalfmoon) and slow mobs around you (frost frenzy) so they don't hit you as much

Don't get too worried about wiz pets, yes they do hit hard but those pets are higher level than you, there's huge gaps in power between levels. When you're 150 you'll be able to handle those and you'll be doing just as much damage, same again as you continue up, at 150 you'll be getting 1 shot by 170 stuff, but when your 170 it'll be no problem.

Best thing I can suggest at the moment is just try to avoid pvp, just aim for exp and hunt in small groups of similar level people when possible, that's when things are most fun and will relieve the grind a bit!
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 176

Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

>> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish

All personal insults in signatures will be reported

You need slow and ice damage then use frost frenzy, mobs that are blue don't hit you. Mobs that are purple hit half the speed, reducing your damage intake by 50%.

Lower caves lacking mobs? You would have to be more specific and maybe people can direct you to better places. For instance at 130 if you level in desert mines, mobs are spread but when you hit floor 3, mount floor. You level fast. Same as temple of the cursed jungle. You skip the couple of floors to level in the jungle itself. Hoa demon soul cave you hit the left room the small room that's the best and fastest room.
    Often knowledge is key.
    Nerd

I have been to Mines 3rd recently thinking it would be ace and, actually the mob count there is somewhere around what you find in Tunnel 3rd, so I've found it better on that floor as it's closer to town
    The Legend of Mir

Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownAngel View Post
    I have been to Mines 3rd recently thinking it would be ace and, actually the mob count there is somewhere around what you find in Tunnel 3rd, so I've found it better on that floor as it's closer to town
    Used to be the best floor on the server. Think it used to have over 800 mobs but dropped to 600ish at some point over the years. Used to be the best place by a country mile! Still remember leveling there then you would run into mount and insta rev.
    Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by deanouk23 View Post
    Used to be the best floor on the server. Think it used to have over 800 mobs but dropped to 600ish at some point over the years. Used to be the best place by a country mile! Still remember leveling there then you would run into mount and insta rev.
    Hahaha yeah its still pretty good mate, seem to come across massive packs of mobs in certain spots qnd other times you can skip a section and see 1 or 2 mobs at a time, not like it used to be when it was chocca and enough to cater for a few groups at any one time.

I suppose the the huge spawns are required in the caves I haven't even seen yet!
    The Legend of Mir

could do with updating the hunters resource for higher levels tbh. Anyway, some caves are harder things spaced out more for people who like to take it slow or are a bit low level for the area, and then the deeper you go the more you find. Some caves are packed solid with huge spawns for the ones who can take it on. There's usually at least three options for grinding the way you want to. Don't look at the exp per kill, look at the exp per minute or hour or whatever. Could do with an app for that tbh hmm. Suppose all you need is a timer, count the number of monsters you kill in a given minute or five minutes prob best and times it by the average exp per kill.
    /AnyaRuby - Warrior
    /Miller - Tao
    /Meatball - Wizard

I do agree that mid level has been neglected a little

The top level areas have had a lot of development and there's a lot of fun options to keep the vast majority busy, and the low levels have had a nice bit of an overhaul which makes things flow a lot better for new players, but that falls away by around level 130 and it can be quite hard for someone to get from 130 to 160 unless you have gg to burn or higher level friends to boost you. Maybe a massive increase in drop rate of level 130-150 items would help people in that range find stuff for themselves and keep the game moving for them
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 176

Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

>> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish

All personal insults in signatures will be reported

Fully agree with zade there hit 140 on warr was a big difference, 150 on tao big difference, 130 - 140 wasn't so bad but after 140 feels so sluggish I know its meant to take abit of time but I felt like I was making zero progress unless I was playing during one of the events, maybe I was just lvling in the wrong places, really should get back to the grind one of these days haha
    Warrior - HalfstepNZ - 141
    Taoist - Halfstep - 152
    Wizard - NZHalfstep - 117

Advanced Member

bring back @under160freexp :P

Quote Originally Posted by bigste5 View Post
    Would be nice. With levels approaching 190. 160-190 is a bit of a task. So speeding up 0-160 would benefit the newer players.
    Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by bigste5 View Post
    Yes plz !
    The Legend of Mir

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by deanouk23 View Post
    Would be nice. With levels approaching 190. 160-190 is a bit of a task. So speeding up 0-160 would benefit the newer players.
    Lets just start players at lvl 170, then we wouldnt have to worry about all the hard work everyone else put to get there, in fact why not go the whole hog and start them at 185 then we can all be heroes....

Quote Originally Posted by Dall View Post
    Lets just start players at lvl 170, then we wouldnt have to worry about all the hard work everyone else put to get there, in fact why not go the whole hog and start them at 185 then we can all be heroes....
    Okay, firstly I think you need to put your handbag away.

0 - 140 is smooth to skip past now, okay great let's put that aside (even if it means discrediting all the naga ruins guild hunts it used to take to do 10% at level 130 way back when ForbiddenCity was around)

140 - 160 needs some of that similar loving

Nobody mentioned 170 so don't panic you won't be getting Energy Repulsed by me anytime soon.
    The Legend of Mir

Just Registered

Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownAngel View Post
    Okay, firstly I think you need to put your handbag away.

0 - 140 is smooth to skip past now, okay great let's put that aside (even if it means discrediting all the naga ruins guild hunts it used to take to do 10% at level 130 way back when ForbiddenCity was around)

140 - 160 needs some of that similar loving

Nobody mentioned 170 so don't panic you won't be getting Energy Repulsed by me anytime soon.
    Iím Currently 144 and itís not hard thatís not why Iím complaining but for people looking at people 190 and just lvling 1/2 hours a day it must be daunting but thatís Mir I can accept that Iíd just like to see more mobs spawning I mean even temple of thť cursed jungle 4f seems quiet lol itís not really busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesav123 View Post
    I’m Currently 144 and it’s not hard that’s not why I’m complaining but for people looking at people 190 and just lvling 1/2 hours a day it must be daunting but that’s Mir I can accept that I’d just like to see more mobs spawning I mean even temple of thť cursed jungle 4f seems quiet lol it’s not really busy.
    I'm not bothered about being 188 or anything like that. Just play the game for enjoyment, it seems boring at 140 with just Halls of agony being the primary hunting zone. Ah well, soon be on to Tomb of the dead!
    The Legend of Mir