The Legend of Mir Exchange - The Free Legend of Mir2

Thread: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    170

    Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Over the past months where issues have been reported to the server players have received both letters of apology in the post and/or of thanks in small numbers. Is there a requirement of Game Gold purchased for these letters to be sent or what is the given criteria?

    It appears to be sent to the select few while other players don't even get emails acknowledged. Maybe as an equaliser or to make sure all players feel part of the community all players are treated equal in terms of correspondence or does game gold purchases mean that some players are more equal than others and some are not even worth acknowledging?

  2. #2
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    270

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    yeah,i got the same feeling,i play this server since 2014 and never recieved something like that or even a thank you for the loyalty to play on the server so many years.
    Its just super weird that some player just because they spend insane amout of money on this game are more value and get faster answers than none donators.
    Even when they helped alot in the past to keep the server running when the player count been low
    AndyLover

    Changed into Good !

  3. #3
    Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    684

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dall View Post
    Over the past months where issues have been reported to the server players have received both letters of apology in the post and/or of thanks in small numbers. Is there a requirement of Game Gold purchased for these letters to be sent or what is the given criteria?

    It appears to be sent to the select few while other players don't even get emails acknowledged. Maybe as an equaliser or to make sure all players feel part of the community all players are treated equal in terms of correspondence or does game gold purchases mean that some players are more equal than others and some are not even worth acknowledging?
    Iíve never had a letter.
    I get replyís on forum for being persistent

  4. #4
    Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    911

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Letters in the post? Some one is winding u up m8. I’m not as high as DS but probs top 5 and I have 1 email in 3 years…

  5. #5
    Big Time Poster! UnKnownAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,220

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    What is it that you're wanting to be acknowledged for? Maybe that would help haha
    The Legend of Mir

  6. #6
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    170

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownAngel View Post
    What is it that you're wanting to be acknowledged for? Maybe that would help haha
    Only things I would like acknowledging are emails sent to the server team. Any response would be appreciated rather than the emails ignored.

  7. #7
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    372

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dall View Post
    Over the past months where issues have been reported to the server players have received both letters of apology in the post and/or of thanks in small numbers. Is there a requirement of Game Gold purchased for these letters to be sent or what is the given criteria?

    It appears to be sent to the select few while other players don't even get emails acknowledged. Maybe as an equaliser or to make sure all players feel part of the community all players are treated equal in terms of correspondence or does game gold purchases mean that some players are more equal than others and some are not even worth acknowledging?
    Lol itís nature of human to acknowledge some more then others if they work out for your benefit. Take my advise and donít seek attention as it will harm you :)

  8. #8
    Big Time Poster! UnKnownAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,220

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. I'd say he's either too busy to reply to you or not really interested in what you're on about.
    It's not worth getting frustrated over mate.
    The Legend of Mir

  9. #9
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    170

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownAngel View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. I'd say he's either too busy to reply to you or not really interested in what you're on about.
    It's not worth getting frustrated over mate.
    But that is exactly the problem, if you run a business and can't be arsed to respond to paying customers you tend not to have a business for very long, it's poor customer service in any industry. If it was a one off I can appreciate things slip through the net but to repeatedly ignore emails....

  10. #10
    Big Time Poster! deanouk23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dall View Post
    But that is exactly the problem, if you run a business and can't be arsed to respond to paying customers you tend not to have a business for very long, it's poor customer service in any industry. If it was a one off I can appreciate things slip through the net but to repeatedly ignore emails....
    Well the logic in that post has no validity does it? I mean how longs scorp ran servers? Think you will find content and updates keep the game alive not replying to emails.

    Ain't a dig just stating the obvious.
    Nerd


  11. #11
    Big Time Poster! UnKnownAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,220

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    I believe if everybody stopped playing right now then he would walk away happy with what he has achieved, and rightly so.

    That's not gonna happen because over the past 17 years they have developed a brilliant version of the game that is truly free to access by everyone.

    What is there that's bad to be said about the guy?
    Last edited by UnKnownAngel; 10-01-2022 at 10:50 AM.
    The Legend of Mir

  12. #12
    Big Time Poster! deanouk23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownAngel View Post
    I believe if everybody stopped playing right now then he would walk away happy with what he has achieved, and rightly so.

    That's not gonna happen because over the past 17 years they have developed a brilliant version of the game that is truly free to access by everyone.

    What is there that's bad to be said about the guy?
    That's just it, his version of mir is miles ahead of anything else. I might not agree with every decision he makes and every change that happens. But I believe he does what he feels helps the server as a whole and not individuals.

    If things change to a point, I don't enjoy the game then, I don't play. He's under no obligation to answer 500 emails of the same nature or repeat himself every 3 month's. The fact is, love or hate this server, it's here and will remain here in scorps vision and no-one else's, We will all show some bias towards the class we main, I have always said this. When I play warrior I could point out 600 things, That fuck me off when fighting wiz/tao and it's the same when i'm on wizz/tao.

    Post your suggestions plenty have been picked up over the years from players on the forums.
    Nerd


  13. #13
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    158

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dall View Post
    Only things I would like acknowledging are emails sent to the server team. Any response would be appreciated rather than the emails ignored.
    I donated in excess of £15000 in the last 12 months. Yes i got a letter, (didn't ask for it) Emails get ignored mostly, currently banned on facebook page. No scorp doesnt give a toss if you donate or not. He'll still ignore your emails because he's either in Las Vagas living it up or doing very long lines of white stuff :)
    I don't care how hard you think you are. You are just pixels, nothing more.

  14. #14
    Big Time Poster! UnKnownAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,220

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Are you sniffing drugs? 15k in a year.. what!?
    The Legend of Mir

  15. #15
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    158

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    [QUOTE=UnKnownAngel;504614]Are you sniffing drugs? 15k in a year.. what!?[/QUOTE
    Can't afford drugs, spent my dough on donations.
    I don't care how hard you think you are. You are just pixels, nothing more.

  16. #16
    Big Time Poster! UnKnownAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,220

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Ah you must like upgrading items, nothing on Arcadia is more expensive than a good essence & design
    The Legend of Mir

  17. #17
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    158

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownAngel View Post
    Ah you must like upgrading items, nothing on Arcadia is more expensive than a good essence & design
    No mate i like to buy the best crap available.
    I don't care how hard you think you are. You are just pixels, nothing more.

  18. #18
    Big Time Poster! UnKnownAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,220

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    I always buy low level stuff like an idiot thinking it's still good
    The Legend of Mir

  19. #19
    Administrator Scorpian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8,397

    Re: Are some players worth more to the server than others?

    What a colourful discussion.

    Sorry you feel undervalued.
    With such a large number of fantastic and supportive members, it takes some time to send out personal thank-yous.
    Most newsletters begin with a thank you to all players - however I presume that is not enough. Maybe you have opted out of email contact.
    Each order of GameGold is also automatically thank-you'd in game after collection.


    However, I am assuming this is more about late replies to emails.
    My emails are not monitored on a daily basis.
    There is always a time constraint, imposed by life, when responding to an inbox.
    I reply directly, not through an agent.
    My responses are thoroughly researched and considered.

    I do the same for Facebook posts.

    And the same for forum posts.


    In between that there's sometimes a chance to develop the game.


    If you send an email query, make sure you add the address to your favourites or check junk/spam regularly. Otherwise wait a while and send the email again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •