The Legend of Mir Exchange - The Free Legend of Mir2

Thread: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Big Time Poster! zad48231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Heroesville
    Posts
    3,040

    Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    The number 1 question I get asked every event is "where's the event NPC" even when it's a giant bunny in the middle of BW. People are blind.

    The "gameshop" stalls that people put up selling gg items for gold always wearing those huge bulky armours have now congregated around the npc. For people who know what they are looking for this isn't really a problem, but for the majority (and really, I get asked a LOT, can promise I'll get at least 30 pms tonight asking where the npc is), it's just hard to find because the area is so busy with these trash stalls.

    I know you can hide stalls with ctrl-s, but the people who know that already know where the npc is, these people are a small minority.

    My suggestion is to either automatically hide the player when they open a stall, just have the stall visible, or to make a separate market town and only allow stalls there and nowhere else
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 164

    Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

    >> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish


    All personal insults in signatures will be reported

  2. #2
    Administrator Scorpian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8,364

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Posted something on FB I found the other day.. might make you laugh

    I know the stalls are annoying but I can imagine people asking you anyway, even if you slapped them in the face with the NPC

    There's a lot to consider regarding stalls and the shop systems and we are just not there yet. Time as usual. I will keep an eye out for stalls blatantly blocking the view though and kick them

    Maybe an extra cell of distance around NPCs will do the trick in future

    WeMade a dream,
    I made a reality.


  3. #3
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    135

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpian View Post
    Posted something on FB I found the other day.. might make you laugh

    I know the stalls are annoying but I can imagine people asking you anyway, even if you slapped them in the face with the NPC

    There's a lot to consider regarding stalls and the shop systems and we are just not there yet. Time as usual. I will keep an eye out for stalls blatantly blocking the view though and kick them

    Maybe an extra cell of distance around NPCs will do the trick in future
    OR BETTER STILL, DON'T IGNORE MY BUG POST POSTED A DAY EARLIER THAN ZADES.......Favouritism stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't care how hard you think you are. You are just pixels, nothing more.

  4. #4

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by zad48231 View Post
    The number 1 question I get asked every event is "where's the event NPC" even when it's a giant bunny in the middle of BW. People are blind.

    The "gameshop" stalls that people put up selling gg items for gold always wearing those huge bulky armours have now congregated around the npc. For people who know what they are looking for this isn't really a problem, but for the majority (and really, I get asked a LOT, can promise I'll get at least 30 pms tonight asking where the npc is), it's just hard to find because the area is so busy with these trash stalls.

    I know you can hide stalls with ctrl-s, but the people who know that already know where the npc is, these people are a small minority.

    My suggestion is to either automatically hide the player when they open a stall, just have the stall visible, or to make a separate market town and only allow stalls there and nowhere else
    I've moved all of my stalls with sauron armour away from NPC.

    Can we just not have a place that is solely for stalls as zade said. People that want items will go there so we reach our demographic. All stalls 2 spaces apart. No one can put a large armour over another stall. Wouldn't have to do this if there wasn't other dickheads. Then its just about price?

    Sorry if I have caused any further problems but as GM's failed to respond to any of my emails I figured they just didn't give a shit!!!
    Last edited by Talpa2; 23-10-2021 at 06:22 AM.

  5. #5
    Big Time Poster! zad48231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Heroesville
    Posts
    3,040

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpian View Post
    Posted something on FB I found the other day.. might make you laugh

    I know the stalls are annoying but I can imagine people asking you anyway, even if you slapped them in the face with the NPC

    There's a lot to consider regarding stalls and the shop systems and we are just not there yet. Time as usual. I will keep an eye out for stalls blatantly blocking the view though and kick them

    Maybe an extra cell of distance around NPCs will do the trick in future
    Saw the pic, that's hysterically chaotic, thanks for the giggle!
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 164

    Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

    >> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish


    All personal insults in signatures will be reported

  6. #6
    Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    844

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    I think a map just for stalls!!! Atm it’s almost like having your emails signed up to every promo going even if you opt out. People should be able to visit the “market place” if they want to go buy something, not get fucked off with chavs making 1gg a sale for reselling shit

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton0412 View Post
    OR BETTER STILL, DON'T IGNORE MY BUG POST POSTED A DAY EARLIER THAN ZADES.......Favouritism stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Big posts are not ignored by gm even if he doesn’t reply. I would say half the shit I post doesn’t get a reply but then gets put in future updates! Have faith in the gm team as Andy has good track record of being fair reasonable and consistent in updates but he is only human so can’t reply to 100% of posts

  7. #7
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    132

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsiral View Post
    I think a map just for stalls!!! Atm it’s almost like having your emails signed up to every promo going even if you opt out. People should be able to visit the “market place” if they want to go buy something, not get fucked off with chavs making 1gg a sale for reselling shit

    - - - Updated - - -



    Big posts are not ignored by gm even if he doesn’t reply. I would say half the shit I post doesn’t get a reply but then gets put in future updates! Have faith in the gm team as Andy has good track record of being fair reasonable and consistent in updates but he is only human so can’t reply to 100% of posts
    Why have a seperate map, why not have everything in AH and change settings and search criteria, one place does all and rather than just be able to leave a stall running on an afk char if it is not maintained the price auto drops.

  8. #8
    Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    844

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by Dall View Post
    Why have a seperate map, why not have everything in AH and change settings and search criteria, one place does all and rather than just be able to leave a stall running on an afk char if it is not maintained the price auto drops.
    Cos that’s a duck ton of more work for gm than just making 1 map and all his time is been wasted currently with ex banned pricks

  9. #9

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by Dall View Post
    Why have a seperate map, why not have everything in AH and change settings and search criteria, one place does all and rather than just be able to leave a stall running on an afk char if it is not maintained the price auto drops.
    I am kinda in agreement on there being a stall map. Other MMO's I have played have had this and it works. If you want to buy stuff you have a treck to the market map. (the gamestop version of mir may have had this, although i could be confusing it with another game like this).

  10. #10

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    How about just remove the Lord Sauron, woomataurus and evil snake armours. I bet half the new players don't even bother with the quests/gamer score anyway. Remove from drops. Remove from players. I dare say Zade has them done so his OCD won't be affected (no offence meant mate just seen you mention it on other posts :P, but 20,000 mobs from each cave is a lot).

    I only use them because if I don't Butcha just comes along and stands 1 cell to the side and it blocks out the stall. There are a few broken quests that you can't complete so what's 6gs. That will sort the problem out from my end and I have no problem with them all being deleted and removed from accounts.

    Saves any stalls being put over NPC's, 2 space from NPC's and other stalls as well is not a problem. Alt S will hide them.

    No need for any more work than necessary. No changing AH and reworking that. No need for a separate map. What do you think Scorp??
    Last edited by Talpa2; 27-10-2021 at 04:50 PM.

  11. #11
    Big Time Poster! zad48231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Heroesville
    Posts
    3,040

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by Talpa2 View Post
    How about just remove the Lord Sauron, woomataurus and evil snake armours. I bet half the new players don't even bother with the quests/gamer score anyway. Remove from drops. Remove from players. I dare say Zade has them done so his OCD won't be affected (no offence meant mate just seen you mention it on other posts :P, but 20,000 mobs from each cave is a lot).

    I only use them because if I don't Butcha just comes along and stands 1 cell to the side and it blocks out the stall. There are a few broken quests that you can't complete so what's 6gs. That will sort the problem out from my end and I have no problem with them all being deleted and removed from accounts.

    Saves any stalls being put over NPC's, 2 space from NPC's and other stalls as well is not a problem. Alt S will hide them.

    No need for any more work than necessary. No changing AH and reworking that. No need for a separate map. What do you think Scorp??
    As long as I can keep my raider and cave bat :P :)
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 164

    Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

    >> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish


    All personal insults in signatures will be reported

  12. #12

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    We'll I like what you've done there. But that twat Butcha is still putting chars over other stalls any chance of removing Armours next reboot? It seems stop being a dickhead is not enough still, whilst it may have sorted the NPC problem we have stopped him being a dickhead.

  13. #13

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    And yet again he's sticking big armour over other peoples stalls. Even that picture on FB look chaotic at least there was no big armours. Butcha's still at it. Not my stalls but jeffro's. Come on GM please stop this char from doing it, he just don't like the competition. Surely this is a form of grief play. Yeah he tried on me when the reboot happened with a rowdy shout of ha ha ha. But the moment I shouted look Scorp he's still at he moved very quickly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Talpa2 View Post
    And yet again he's sticking big armour over other peoples stalls. Even that picture on FB look chaotic at least there was no big armours. Butcha's still at it. Not my stalls but jeffro's. Come on GM please stop this char from doing it, he just don't like the competition. Surely this is a form of grief play. Yeah he tried on me when the reboot happened with a rowdy shout of ha ha ha. But the moment I shouted look Scorp he's still at he moved very quickly.
    Nope now he's standing over darktrace my stall selling gold bars and he don't like it because there cheaper. Its Intentional blocking I just move 1 space forward.

  14. #14
    Administrator Scorpian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8,364

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by Talpa2 View Post
    And yet again he's sticking big armour over other peoples stalls. Even that picture on FB look chaotic at least there was no big armours. Butcha's still at it. Not my stalls but jeffro's. Come on GM please stop this char from doing it, he just don't like the competition. Surely this is a form of grief play. Yeah he tried on me when the reboot happened with a rowdy shout of ha ha ha. But the moment I shouted look Scorp he's still at he moved very quickly.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nope now he's standing over darktrace my stall selling gold bars and he don't like it because there cheaper. Its Intentional blocking I just move 1 space forward.

    Sorry you are feeling negatively about these actions. This is considered fair play. You may move your stalls somewhere else whenever he moves his near to you.

    WeMade a dream,
    I made a reality.


  15. #15
    Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    844

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    still think a map for all stalls wud be best, if your at the gym, you dont want some prick shouting "STRAWBERRIES A POUND" at you do you. But if u want some tasty fruit at bargin prices you wud be happy to go to a market place and have people shout offer at you (or use BL armours to stand out =p)

  16. #16

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpian View Post
    Sorry you are feeling negatively about these actions. This is considered fair play. You may move your stalls somewhere else whenever he moves his near to you.
    If he moved next to me or near to me I'd have no problem but with sauron armour it blocks out a stall in normal armour. But if its consider fair play then ok.

    Nice to get a response after 18 months
    Last edited by Talpa2; 05-11-2021 at 03:46 PM.

  17. #17
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    132

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpian View Post
    Sorry you are feeling negatively about these actions. This is considered fair play. You may move your stalls somewhere else whenever he moves his near to you.
    Can I just confirm from this comment that it is considered fair for a player to intentionally block another stall with no regard and it is the expectation of the blocked player to move when we all know there is one player on the server who intentionally tries to block others?

    If I recall correctly the positions relative to an NPC were changed recently so that it did not affect the server as it was classed as an issue, if it wasn't an issue for a player to do this then surely the change would not have had to be made or is it one rule for one, and one for another?

  18. #18
    Big Time Poster! zad48231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Heroesville
    Posts
    3,040

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Honestly I can't see how Butcha's openly combative style and attitude around these stalls can be considered by anyone to be anything other than grief play
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 164

    Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

    >> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish


    All personal insults in signatures will be reported

  19. #19

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by zad48231 View Post
    Honestly I can't see how Butcha's openly combative style and attitude around these stalls can be considered by anyone to be anything other than grief play
    It seems odd to me that its considered fair play. If this player didn't do what he does then there would be no need for our stalls to use sauron armours, if it wasn't for this person standing over NPC's and causing an issue for the game to be changed TWICE that NPC's now have 2 spaces around them surely this was also fair play and the game shouldn't have been changed.

    Is it because this player buys a lot of GG ,as he openly admits that he sells items at a loss and keep gold bars at a low price to CONTROL the market, that he is allowed to carry on this practice. I mean how is a noob meant to sell flowers, food etc to buy books when a bar is being held around 17gg a bar??

    I thank both Zade and Dall for their support on this issue and like I say can only think that it is his donations that allow him to get away with it. May be a better clarification from GM is required. But if deliberate blocking is fair play then guess we can all do it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dall View Post
    Can I just confirm from this comment that it is considered fair for a player to intentionally block another stall with no regard and it is the expectation of the blocked player to move when we all know there is one player on the server who intentionally tries to block others?

    If I recall correctly the positions relative to an NPC were changed recently so that it did not affect the server as it was classed as an issue, if it wasn't an issue for a player to do this then surely the change would not have had to be made or is it one rule for one, and one for another?
    Cheers for the support Dall.
    Last edited by Talpa2; 06-11-2021 at 11:39 AM.

  20. #20
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    102

    Re: Sorry to bring this nonsense up again, I know it's a broken record

    Quote Originally Posted by zad48231 View Post
    Honestly I can't see how Butcha's openly combative style and attitude around these stalls can be considered by anyone to be anything other than grief play
    Maybe because he buys a lot of GG? But yeah IMO grief play
    "One moment of weakness to temptation in 3 years of playing the game, and your entire guild tries to bully me out of the game for it. If that's how you want to play it that says more about you than it says about me" (Zade, 2021,O'm just going to leave this here Legend Of Mir, viewed April 21st 2021 <https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/threads/46310-I-m-just-going-to-leave-this-here>

    It is not that deep, it a game. Enjoy it and have nothing is personal until you make it personal

    Anyone can quote anyone without references

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •