The Legend of Mir Exchange - The Free Legend of Mir2

Thread: Invincible sheep

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Big Time Poster! zad48231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Heroesville
    Posts
    3,174

    Invincible sheep

    Are these sheep part of a quest or just for fun? I tried to tame them but no luck haha

    sheep.png
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 176

    Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

    >> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish


    All personal insults in signatures will be reported

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Warda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    996

    Re: Invincible sheep

    Ha yeah, an old quest from years ago to obtain the GreatHawk pet licence for wizards. Redundant at this moment in time
    Useful Links:

    Mir Arcadia | Project 69 | Rise of the Archons

    Download | How to Connect
    Account Recovery | FAQs | Contact Us

    - - -

    Stay updated on Twitter & Facebook!

    . .


  3. #3
    Supreme Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    620

    Re: Invincible sheep

    I remember coming across them years ago... I tried taming them back too.. didnt get anywhere. i think they are only there for quest

  4. #4
    Big Time Poster! UnKnownAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,220

    Re: Invincible sheep

    Quote Originally Posted by Warda View Post
    Ha yeah, an old quest from years ago to obtain the GreatHawk pet licence for wizards. Redundant at this moment in time
    No way those sheep had that much ac/amc back then they used to get 1 shotted most of the time! Never had the luxury of the "pet bar" on the left side of the interface either, so you'd run through the woods and just hope that all 3 came when you called them.

  5. #5

    Re: Invincible sheep

    Those sheep were certainly lamb chops when I did the hawk quest all those years ago! Jeez i do not miss running that gauntlet with all those yetis! aha

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ninja_Monkey View Post
    Those sheep were certainly lamb chops when I did the hawk quest all those years ago! Jeez i do not miss running that gauntlet with all those yetis! aha
    https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/thr...izard-Liences!
    Pub [noun]
    A meeting place where people attempt to reach advanced states of mental
    incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

  6. #6
    Big Time Poster! zad48231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Heroesville
    Posts
    3,174

    Re: Invincible sheep

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ninja_Monkey View Post
    Those sheep were certainly lamb chops when I did the hawk quest all those years ago! Jeez i do not miss running that gauntlet with all those yetis! aha

    - - - Updated - - -



    https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/thr...izard-Liences!
    Thanks for the useful insight, I'd have never found that!

    Does sound like fun, wish I'd been around in those days
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 176

    Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

    >> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish


    All personal insults in signatures will be reported

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Warda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    996

    Re: Invincible sheep

    Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownAngel View Post
    No way those sheep had that much ac/amc back then they used to get 1 shotted most of the time! Never had the luxury of the "pet bar" on the left side of the interface either, so you'd run through the woods and just hope that all 3 came when you called them.
    Those are the man's own sheep. It didn't seem very "lore friendly" if players could slaughter his companions directly in front of him before even attempting to escort them! (You monsters!)

    The sheep you were given for the quest died in one hit. Your task, as Ninja Monkey rightly posted in his guide, was to escort three sheep through a forest filled with Spiders and Yetis. The catch was, your sheep were completely powerless, you weren't given a minimap to navigate around, yeti's had insane attack and move speed and if I remember rightly, some of the spiders had ranged abilities to snipe you and your sheep.
    Useful Links:

    Mir Arcadia | Project 69 | Rise of the Archons

    Download | How to Connect
    Account Recovery | FAQs | Contact Us

    - - -

    Stay updated on Twitter & Facebook!

    . .


  8. #8
    Big Time Poster! zad48231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Heroesville
    Posts
    3,174

    Re: Invincible sheep

    Quote Originally Posted by Warda View Post
    Those are the man's own sheep. It didn't seem very "lore friendly" if players could slaughter his companions directly in front of him before even attempting to escort them! (You monsters!)

    The sheep you were given for the quest died in one hit. Your task, as Ninja Monkey rightly posted in his guide, was to escort three sheep through a forest filled with Spiders and Yetis. The catch was, your sheep were completely powerless, you weren't given a minimap to navigate around, yeti's had insane attack and move speed and if I remember rightly, some of the spiders had ranged abilities to snipe you and your sheep.
    Why was it removed, or was it only ever on p69? I wanna try it :P
    Zad War 160 | Zade Wiz 187 | Zadu Tao 176

    Good at: Talking shit, standing in town, drinking cider
    Bad at: PVP, levelling, bosses, quests

    >> zade-mir.com << the ultimate arcadia information resource

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fish and he will starve to death because you didn't give him a fish


    All personal insults in signatures will be reported

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Warda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    996

    Re: Invincible sheep

    I guess the idea of taming monsters out in the wild, in areas players were hunting felt a lot more natural. Before, there were taming rooms for these kinds of pets. You were teleported to a small map with 6 isolated "prisons" that had a pet keeper check what pet licence you had, and would then spawn untamed versions of these pets into these rooms for you for free, and wizards would just tame them. Optionally, players were allowed to pay the pet keeper a small fee to have the pets instantly 'tamed' by the player.

    This didn't get ported over to Arcadia as it got changed a long time ago on Project 69 when the level cap was raised beyond level 100+ and these pets became redundant, though some of the legacy quest NPCs and maps can still be found. I suppose this would have just become another task of having to continuously update these every time the cap was raised - thinking of new ideas for new licence quests, piecing it all together and what not. It was a lot more convenient and more natural for players to hunt their pets in the wild.
    Useful Links:

    Mir Arcadia | Project 69 | Rise of the Archons

    Download | How to Connect
    Account Recovery | FAQs | Contact Us

    - - -

    Stay updated on Twitter & Facebook!

    . .


  10. #10
    Big Time Poster! UnKnownAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,220

    Re: Invincible sheep

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ninja_Monkey View Post
    Those sheep were certainly lamb chops when I did the hawk quest all those years ago! Jeez i do not miss running that gauntlet with all those yetis! aha

    - - - Updated - - -



    https://thelegendofmir.com/forum/thr...izard-Liences!

    What a thread, some familiar names on there! Forum was so good back then, almost better than the actual game

    - - - Updated - - -

    In fact, I see my brother's old posts from 2007 on his now banned account ha, RIP Child on p69 - long live Child on Arcadia.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •