The Legend of Mir Exchange - The Free Legend of Mir2

Thread: TaoistSpecial - Almost Useless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

TaoistSpecial - Almost Useless

Reason I made this thread is because once a wizard/warrior get their special rings they wear them 90% of the time... Whereas its the opposite for a tao, I'd rather not wear it 90% of the time, also when I played Pro my TaoSpec was just thrown onto a store character and left with the rest of the trash, don't think that's how it should be to be honest.

Just want to get a few peoples opinions on this cos personally I think this should have a different type of power other than being a ParalysisRing, barely ever need a Para on a tao, Pro would be ideal for me personally as I always use a HeroPro / RoV..

Thanks,

/Sam
    Last edited by UnKnownAngel; 22-04-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Advanced Member
    Thanks

Re: TaoistSpecial - Almost Useless

Or maybe a pro and para to mix things up a bit
    Stivy- Wiz- lvl 56+ hacked then banned so lost 4eva :banghead::thumpdown:
    Sirchrist- Warr- lvl 46+ Forgot Password
    Handofgod- Tao- lvl 45+Forgot Password

Advanced Member
    Thanks

Pro and para would be op, that's like giving wars para and rev on 1 ring. Would be to much, Tao spec should be rev or pro yeah, not really any good as a para, even a non bugs clear ring might be good with the stats it has.
    Project69

Versatiie Warrior - 115+
    Versatile - Taoist - 80+
    Versati1e - Wizzard - 70+

APEX

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Arcadia

Versatile - level 65+ warrior
    Wiz - lvl 55+
    Tao - lvl 5...lol
    ~pk~

Thanks

Like the idea of it just being a Revival ring to be honest - one that DOESN'T break when it hits dura 0, a clear ring would be pointless cos tao's have hiding :-/

/Sam

Thanks

Too much of an easy-mode ring for it to be a revival imo,

I think a Pro ring would be fine.

Advanced Member
    Thanks

Pro ring & Anti para.

A, E, I, Own, U
    Thanks

I think it makes sense for it to be a revival ring... At least then it has it's own unique power rather than either Pro or Para because that's what Wizards/Warriors get.
    It will have it's own value then too, instead of being pointless.
    Maker
    [marquee=100]Warrior - Fury
    Wizard - Slow Leveling
    [/marquee]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We are lucky we have you here TwIsT to point out obvious. Honestly I dont know how the forum would cope.
    Click Me!

Thanks

Taoists shouldn't wear pro rings... Revival is what it should be. Been wanting it to change from para ring to revival on p69 for a while. So it's actually usefull.
    Insomniacs Guild

Level
    130+ Wizard. --(Active) Lv.9 GreatSpider
    Level 100 Warrior. --(Active) Lv.3 GreatBoar
    Level 50 Taoist. --(Inactive)

teppuM - reppuM - feppuM

That is all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onlinerela View Post
    Pro ring & Anti para.
    lol people seriously want tao's to be easier even more?
    A pro ring on tao is just OP, tao's were never mean't to have a Pro ring.
    Game mechanics always should be:
    Tao - Rev
    Wiz - Pro
    War - Para

Tbh now tao's have halfmoon + addition of a lot of DC, i thought para would be good enough but then again pets do all the tanking.

Advanced Member
    Thanks

Para is not going to stop a warrior 1 hit tdb'ing you
    Arcadia

Ftw - 95+ Taoist
    sandrat - 65+ Warrior

Illustrious Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ftw View Post
    Para is not going to stop a warrior 1 hit tdb'ing you
    Do you mean FS? Tdb does less damage than FS. Also not getting 1 hit is very easy, you just have to want to avoid being 1 hit and subsequently taking precautions to avoid it (rev ring and/or pro ring). So yes, you are right that a para isn't going to stop being 1 hit, but avoiding it isn't a big deal anyway. (I hope this makes sense writing this just before I go to sleep).

Correct me if I am wrong but are the stats something like 6 pr 2-6 sc/dc and it is a para? If so, that's already a decent amount of pr, already is a para, dc/sc is decent. I realise this is hard to imagine this early in the game but when speed gems/orbs start dropping frequently, tao specs can actually become far better than warr specs as you can easily max your speed then you get the extra pr too. So, although it is garbage now it could be epic in the distant future =/.
    bb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Necrecia View Post
    Do you mean FS? Tdb does less damage than FS.
    Not on these files. TDB completely ignores AC. As well as being a damage multiplier with 2 quick succession hits.

Advanced Member
    Thanks

wrong FTW, tao moon is really not good for taos in this game, we never have more than like 2 mobs on us , and 99% of the time we have to group hunt, so what we need tao moon for? lol.
    and for the +DC on alot of items...... 82 AND 88 tao rings have NO DC on them, i lost like 30+ dc from lvl 65 gear dreamers to lvl 88 gear.... This is not good lol. DC is half our damage and u make ur weaker later game? makes no sense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tahriel View Post
    wrong FTW, tao moon is really not good for taos in this game, we never have more than like 2 mobs on us , and 99% of the time we have to group hunt, so what we need tao moon for? lol.
    and for the +DC on alot of items...... 82 AND 88 tao rings have NO DC on them, i lost like 30+ dc from lvl 65 gear dreamers to lvl 88 gear.... This is not good lol. DC is half our damage and u make ur weaker later game? makes no sense.
    Seems silly, tao pets are based on DC so basically he has just halved your pet damage?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Necrecia View Post
    Do you mean FS? Tdb does less damage than FS. Also not getting 1 hit is very easy, you just have to want to avoid being 1 hit and subsequently taking precautions to avoid it (rev ring and/or pro ring). So yes, you are right that a para isn't going to stop being 1 hit, but avoiding it isn't a big deal anyway. (I hope this makes sense writing this just before I go to sleep).

Correct me if I am wrong but are the stats something like 6 pr 2-6 sc/dc and it is a para? If so, that's already a decent amount of pr, already is a para, dc/sc is decent. I realise this is hard to imagine this early in the game but when speed gems/orbs start dropping frequently, tao specs can actually become far better than warr specs as you can easily max your speed then you get the extra pr too. So, although it is garbage now it could be epic in the distant future =/.
    The ring has 8 PR on it, but yeah you're right with a lot of orbs it can be better than Warr Specs, but that is making the ring good for Warrior's not Taos, so defeats the object of it being a TaoistSpecial..

Quote Originally Posted by Tahriel View Post
    This is my exact point of it being almost useless, after rebirth tao's very rarely hit with their weapon as they have no DC, so what is the point in having a para as a special ring?
    You won't moan about losing that DC when you get level 90 SFB... That spell itself cains without the 200 SC on top of it, so when taos start to get that spell, warriors had better watch out

/Sam

Just Registered
    Thanks

taos dont need anything. we're great as we are =D

Thanks

Or keep is as a para and give taos TDB, as it ignores AC they could actually jump in for risky bit hits again like euro if TDB was their skill too, and they'd be epic
    Insomniacs Guild

Level
    130+ Wizard. --(Active) Lv.9 GreatSpider
    Level 100 Warrior. --(Active) Lv.3 GreatBoar
    Level 50 Taoist. --(Inactive)

teppuM - reppuM - feppuM

That is all.

Illustrious Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownAngel View Post
    The ring has 8 PR on it, but yeah you're right with a lot of orbs it can be better than Warr Specs, but that is making the ring good for Warrior's not Taos, so defeats the object of it being a TaoistSpecial..

This is my exact point of it being almost useless, after rebirth tao's very rarely hit with their weapon as they have no DC, so what is the point in having a para as a special ring?
    You won't moan about losing that DC when you get level 90 SFB... That spell itself cains without the 200 SC on top of it, so when taos start to get that spell, warriors had better watch out

/Sam
    Ahh true, I prefer playing warriors so that is what I was thinking of haha :).
    bb

Advanced Member
    Thanks

Ideally it needs to be a pro/anti-para, then it would be something that taos would use all the time, if i bothered to get it the only occasion I would use it on is beating on lowbies with a GIM or filling in para spot for REL (which i dont even need). Rev rings themselves are a bunch of BS and I don't like them full stop.
    Arcadia

Ftw - 95+ Taoist
    sandrat - 65+ Warrior

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Veya View Post
    Not on these files. TDB completely ignores AC. As well as being a damage multiplier with 2 quick succession hits.
    Just a singular hit here on heroes. But yes, it cuts AC exactly like thrust does. The damage multiplier is 1.5x when yellowed.
    Last edited by koriban_VB; 24-04-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast