The Legend of Mir Exchange - The Free Legend of Mir2

Thread: freezing out

Thanks

freezing out

Hi Andy.

for the past month or so I keep freezing out the game, it seems to happen say, I am hunting I go back to bw and that's fine I then go any other map I stand still for 2 seconds I freeze out the game. every time I go into a cave then back to town I will freeze out. I have followed step by step guide you have set up to downloading the game but yet it keeps happening. I don't tame pets no more as I just freeze out if I find one. please help

Thanks

Re: freezing out

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm not an admin but might be able to help if it's a Windows issue.

Can you please check your system resources around the time of the game freezing? I suspect it'll be ok but it's a great place to start. Can you also try running in windowed mode or lower res to see if it happens?
    s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm not an admin but might be able to help if it's a Windows issue.

Can you please check your system resources around the time of the game freezing? I suspect it'll be ok but it's a great place to start. Can you also try running in windowed mode or lower res to see if it happens?
    s
    hi mate windows mode is just the same. ive not tried the res can you tell me what to do

Thanks

I guess no errors? What character names is it happening on?

WeMade a dream,
    IMade it reality.
    Andy Scorpian Jones

Mir Arcadia

Advanced Member
    Thanks

He is BenCook

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Hi Ben,

s

ive got it on windows mode and change my res (I think it was res ) from 100% to 125% it seems to of worked. just cant have full screen cause it doesn't fit the screen but so far so good on windows mode mate

- - - Updated - - -

my char is Bencook. I've had freeze outs for ages now only seems to happen with I go hunting for longer than 10 min. I can tame pets level them in arena and with out doubt I go to tt and use portal ill freeze out or say am in a cave for 10min i stand still longer than 10 seconds I freeze out. I thought it was my computer as I downloaded game step for step. I upgraded my virgin media to the best internet. I had a new computer built my m8 installed windows and THEN I couldn't move when I downloaded the game. I couldn't down grade the update as it was new windows so I had a person from windows basically take over my pc and down grade it for me. that then solved the 2 step lag but my freeze outs got worse. I now set my zoom at 125% and have in on windows mode it is working ok so far

Thanks

still freezing out ><

Thanks

thank you to andy for helping me solve my freeze out issue. ended up being my Ethernet cable faulty. :) thank you risen for your advice as well

Thanks

For anyone else who may read this thread and is having disconnection issues, I recommended that the OP runs a continuous ping on google or elsewhere (in cmd prompt "ping google.com -t") while playing Mir.

If you lag out you can check to see if the issue is a wider network problem or not via the ping logs

WeMade a dream,
    IMade it reality.
    Andy Scorpian Jones

Mir Arcadia