The Legend of Mir Exchange - The Free Legend of Mir2

Thread: Upgrade System

Thanks

Upgrade System

-- Original Thread Edited --

Many thanks to Akaras for taking the time to produce this guide and share it with us all.

Legend of Mir: Arcadia - Upgrade System Guide

(by Akaras)

Illustrious Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Upgrade System

Quote Originally Posted by Warda View Post
    Hey guys. Just wondering...

Also, I would appreciate it IF this guide is posted (and posted with good detail/accuracy etc), would any of the Moderators/Administrators sticky the post to allow new comers to find it easily. Cheers. :approved:
    Yeah np just send me a pm when it is ready if I haven't already seen it.
    bb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Necrecia View Post
    Yeah np just send me a pm when it is ready if I haven't already seen it.
    Cheers mate, will do. Thanks alot. :)

Thanks

This would be exceedingly helpful as there are tons of things in game that are of quite a mystery and you can't keep asking other players what they do or don't do. In fact not many players seem to know much or are not willing to share their knowledge with others on so many of the items in game.

For example runes and slotted items. I have seen I believe one slotted item and trust me I look at loads of people items just out of curiosity as to the type of items in game. Also I look at all the stalls in FortEvil and never see slotted items.

How come next to nothing drops for lower levels ie level 50 / 60 /70 and where does it even drop if any as the only place I have seen anything is the odd map you can only access up to level 50 via Emily the NPC in Border. After that no items drop in any of the caves lower levels can actually stay alive in.

How do you get high level if you can't get better items or stay alive in most places or like to spend 5 minutes killing one mob as the higher ones take so much time to kill?

Thanks

Yeah that's true, I hate having to ask all the time. Like you said, a lot of players' aren't willing to share their knowledge. Probably because they believe it gives them a profitable advantage and by knowing the trade secrets, they can milk those who haven't a clue what they're doing (SELFISH ****s! =p). I've asked a few REAL players (Timeshift, Reptail, Laura - thanks) about it and I've done a bit of dabbling here and there, but I don't have enough knowledge to make a full detailed guide I'm afraid. I guess this might be the case with a lot of others too.

How come next to nothing drops for lower levels ie level 50 / 60 /70 and where does it even drop if any as the only place I have seen anything is the odd map you can only access up to level 50 via Emily the NPC in Border. After that no items drop in any of the caves lower levels can actually stay alive in.
    After you've completed the Tutorial phase (levels 1-50), you want to think about buying level 52 items from the merchants in Fort Evil (Barbarian/Acolyte/Sourcerer) and use them as a basis for obtaining higher level items from say Hidden Lands' GoldOmaSkele/RedOmaSkele, these guys drop level 54-62 items. Grab some of those, and then look into hunting in BlackDragonDungeon's IWT Palace where BD items can drop (Upgraded versions of their originals). At level 67+, if you're feeling adventurous, move onto killing IZT and KH which will drop the BD versions of Shard(DC)/Magic(MC)/Dragon(SC) items.

Speaking from a point-of-view where you actually hunt your items instead of buying them; it takes a great level of patience but it's all about moving up to the next better item (even if it seems tedious and slow).

Map: (Speaking from a P69 P-o-V, might be different but still)
    Level 60-67 Gear drops from: Hidden Lands (via MudWall) and Black Dragon Dungeon (via Gi-Ryoong).
    Level 70-80 Gear drops from: Fox Path (via Tristram)
    Level 80-90 Gear drops from: Fox Path (via Tristram)
    Level 90-100 Gear drops from: SwordMastersLair (via Heroes Town) Mutant Mines (via Heroes Town) Valhalla (via Sunken Temple)
    (Just a basis, I'd go more into detail if I had solid facts. Once I do so I'll make a guide for the new comers on drops/levelling areas - I have more time these days)

How do you get high level if you can't get better items or stay alive in most places or like to spend 5 minutes killing one mob as the higher ones take so much time to kill?
    Sometimes, you just have to better your items to reduce the killing times but it's all about patience. >_< At the moment, I'm still learning myself but once I've mastered this server, I'll be making guides for the newcomers like I did on Project 69.

Akaras

I was going to write a guide about upgrading items for a while but never got around to it :( although I have explained the basics to a number of friends and random players who have asked.

After reading this topic I decided to start writing a guide to post on here for everyone to view... but rather than try and edit it to the forum layout I decided to upload it to my google site so I can easily edit it as it has a few images that go along with the text and I wanted to add to the info/guide soon (especially the success data table at the bottom where i list my successful upgrades (I have a LOT more of those to add))

It is a work in progress so tell me what you think (please Ignore the layout being all left aligned, and the table at the bottom needs a lot of work (and info adding) I have mostly worked on gathering the info and images rather than making it look fancy

sites.google.com/site/mir2arcadia/upgradeguide

Anything you notice that is obviously missing from it ? I'll mess around making it better over the next week or so.

Just Registered
    Thanks

Akaras this is an excellent guide, extremely helpful for old and new players alike. Moderator's could you please sticky this? It's something the majority of the community would benefit from highly.

Illustrious Moderator
    Thanks

Not had time to read through the work in progress guide but i'll take Phades word for it being good and have therefore done as you requested. Good luck on the guide, when it is complete i'll clean this thread up a bit (deleting posts such as this) so that it is an easier read.
    bb

Thanks

thanks you so much Akaras for really good work i will try it soon,
    would be much easier to read if posted here instead of external link

Thanks

Few questions I had:

Do the better upgrade chances come from salvaging a higher level item?

I have noticed this might be the case as I salvaged a level 108 item and it gave me a considerably better ingredient.

Do items with added bonuses when salvaged give ingredients for upgrades based on the additional attributes of the item salvaged?
    So for example, if you Salvage a ring with Slow+3 and gain the Ingredient to upgrade, will using this give you a Slow + upgrade?

Where do I go to Salvage weapons and armours?

Akaras

Salvaging a higher level item mostly affects the second stat (Purity/Detail) it will be similar to the level of the item salvaged (usually a bit lower but can be higher)

Salvaging quality items like legendary items affect the first stats (Volume/Quality) but obviously lots of luck is needed as rares can turn to epics, and epics can turn to rares

Ive not noticed any more chance of getting better quality from higher level items... actually for me the higher level stuff I salvage usually drops a LOT of quality (epics drop to rare etc...) but maybe I'm just unlucky with the few high level items I can afford to salvage hehe

added stat items don't seem to give specific ingredients that relates exactly to what added stat was on the item, but the names at the end of the ingredients (validity, mythomania, constancy, mendacity, etc...) may have something to do with planning what stats are added... (I am trying to test this, that is why I am listing all the successes to see if it has any relevance) I'm hoping that certain combinations give a chance of set stats (maybe 2x validity could give either fire damage or ice damage, something like that) but I need more data to be able to notice any relationship between the stats.

I wrote the locations in my guide for each of the three salvage npc

Jewelry Salvage NPC (Jeweller) is located at 160:173 in Phoenix_Oasis
    Weapon Salvage NPC (Blacksmith) is located at 260:273 in Tristram
    Clothing Salvage NPC (Tailor) is located at 170:248 in Arcane Province (Arcane Wall)

Thanks

Really great work on the guide. Couldn't of done that better myself! With your permission, I would like to include the link in my signature. All credit to yourself of course, I would like to include it so when I go to post in other sections of the forum, I can grab other peoples attention to aid them. Let me know if you would like me to do so. :)

Again, good job. Personally, I don't think the layout is bad at all, it's easy-to-read, love it. :approved:

Akaras

Awesome that you all find the guide very useful so far I do plan on adding a little more to it soon... Leveling to 102, moving house, and work getting in the way at the moment hehe

Currently collecting data to finish the last part I started then I will tidy it up and see if I have missed anything else. (I haven't added about losing crit% when upgrading weapons yet)

Feel free to add a link in your signature it would be great for others to see it... I also may see about moving it to the forum so its not an external link at a later date (when its done)

Thanks

Done, added to siggy. Thanks.

And yeah, cheers Sam - would appreciate it if the thread was made a little more tidy once it's been finished to make it easier to read. Feel free to delete my comments as you wish.